Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narayana_n3
Active Participant
As we all know, now the world runs with SAP S/4 HANA! And in S/4 HANA business partner functionality is mandatory. So we all have no option than learning the concept in order to sustain and grow in the new SAP world.

Before jumping into the subject, it is better to understand the basic BP vendor field settings. Please follow the below SAP note to understand how we can make BP vendor fields as mandatory/ optional/ display/ hide.

2565681 - How to setup the Required/Mandatory field in BP tcode based on BP role

Generally, when you do changes to BP field settings as per the above note things will work absolutely fine. But, for some cases the results will not be positive! Example, you have made a field as mandatory in customization but when you check in the BP transaction still the field is optional. In this case, follow the below steps;

What to do when a Vendor field is displaying as optional though the field has been set to mandatory?

Recreating the issue for you easy understanding;

Step 1: Created a business partner but the field 'Schema Grp Supp' is not mandatory! Let us make the field mandatory in customization

Step 2: Follow below the steps to make the field as mandatory

• Go to the transaction BUCG or Navigate through path : Cross-Application Components -> SAP Business Partner -> Business Partner -> Basic Settings -> Field Groupings -> Configure Field Attributes per BP Role

• Double click on 'Configure Field Attributes for Each Role Category' from the popup -> below screen will be displayed:

• Check for your BP Role and double click on it. Example, FLVN01 - Business Partner Vendor-> scroll down to find the right Data Set-> double click on your desired Data Set to display the relevant Field Groups at the right hand side

• As per the above screen shot the field group 3497 'Group for Calculation Schema (Supplier)' seems to be the relevant-> Let us select the radio button 'Req. Entry' to make field as mandatory-> save the change to a TR

• Transport the changes to your testing client and check if the field as become mandatory in your BP transaction!

"The result will be a big NO! The reason for this behavior is very simple. We have not selected the right field group. Though the description of the field group in the customization looks relevant, it is not the right field group"

How to find the right field group for the desired fields?

Step 1:

• In the transaction BP-> place the cursor on the field for which you want to make modification-> press F1 button--> click on 'Technical Information' button (spanner icon)

• Popup window will be displayed-> copy the Screen Field name as shown in the below screen shot. Example, GS_LFM1-KALSK

Step 2:

• Go to transaction SE16N-> enter table name TBZ3R and press enter-> key in the following details-> execute

• Application Object - BUPA (Business Partner)

• Table (Screen) - GS_LFM1

• Field (Dynp.) - KALSK

• Exact field group will be displayed as shown in the below screen shot. Example 3352

Step 3: Go to the BP field group customization, remove the settings which you have done for the wrong field-> and make the expected changes to the new field, which you have derived from the table TBZ3R

• Go to the transaction BUCG or Navigate through path : Cross-Application Components -> SAP Business Partner -> Business Partner -> Basic Settings -> Field Groupings -> Configure Field Attributes per BP Role

• Check for your BP Role and double click on it. Example, FLVN01 - Business Partner Vendor-> scroll down to find the right Data Set-> double click on your desired Data Set to display the relevant Field Groups at the right hand side

"Field group may not be available in the relevant Data Set as you are thinking! So you may have to look into all the data set one by one"

• The field group 3352 (Schema Group for Supplier) is available in Data Set - Vendor: Purchasing Dataset for Vendor-> Double click on it and make the field group 3352 as 'Req. Entry'-> save the change to a TR

• Transport the changes to your testing client and check if the field as become mandatory in your BP transaction!

Now the field has become mandatory as expected! Still you are field is not behaving as expected?then follow the Step 2 as explained in the below SAP note.

2565681 - How to setup the Required/Mandatory field in BP tcode based on BP role

Thanks for spending your time to read this blog. Please feel free to comment in the comment section.

- Narayana N

"Business Partner - Customizing Transaction Codes & Tables"

Some important SAP notes for Business Partner

2553293 - Set Schema Group Supplier (LFM1-KALSK) as required field

2332494 Field Groups and Data sets Description is missing for the fields developed for customer and vendor functionality

2289967 - Error message getting raised in wrong tab for Shipping Conditions

2332494 - Field Groups and Data sets Description is missing for the fields developed for customer and vendor functionality

2316937 - No text found for transaction / Kein Text zur Transaktion gefunden

2405328 - Some Tab and Section Descriptions not visible for Supplier role in BP transaction

999439 - Business partner saved although empty mandatory fields

2616764 - Role-based Mandatory fields checks not performed in an already saved FS Business Partner

2735250 - Error is generated for mandatory street field when accessing Business partner

2368592 - SAP BP : Country field is set as mandatory field for Business Partner role Contact Person, Prospect and Employee

14 Comments
hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
Good Article!!
narayana_n3
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you 🙂

anilmalhotra88
Participant
Nice Article Narayana:)
narayana_n3
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Anil 🙂

paul_gendreau
Contributor
Well done!  I really like your writing style.  "The result will be a big NO!"  That's exactly right ... illustrate the bad paths and then the expected behavior; this is true teaching.

There’s astonishing complexity embedded in the determination of field status for any given field in T-Code BP. You need a strategy! If your Business Partner design is Vendor / Customer Account Group centric (this is likely the case for MM/SD reasons) then generally plan to maintain screen field status by Vendor / Customer Account Group, and then adjust restrictions by Business Partner settings as needed.

The following configuration points are considered for most fields (hence the strategy!):

Here are the IMG paths for the above ...

01 - SPRO > Cross-Application Components > SAP Business Partner > Business Partner > Basic Settings > Field Groupings > Configure Field Attributes per Client

02 - SPRO > Cross-Application Components > SAP Business Partner > Business Partner > Basic Settings > Field Groupings > Configure Field Attributes per BP Role

03 - SPRO > Cross-Application Components > SAP Business Partner > Business Partner > Basic Settings > Field Groupings > Configure Field Attributes per Activity

04 - SPRO > Cross-Application Components > SAP Business Partner > Business Partner > Basic Settings > Field Groupings > Configure Field Attributes per Business Partner Type

05 - T-Code BUS2 (Change Field Groups). Look in Table TBZ3R - Assign BDT Field Group -> BDT Field for the Application, Screen Table, Screen Field Name to find the Field Group.

06 - SPRO > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable > Vendor Accounts > Master Data > Preparations for Creating Vendor Master Data > Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Vendors)

07 - SPRO > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable > Vendor Accounts > Master Data > Preparations for Creating Vendor Master Data > Define Screen Layout per Activity (Vendors)

08 - SPRO > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable > Vendor Accounts > Master Data > Preparations for Creating Vendor Master Data > Define Screen Layout per Company Code (Vendors)

09 - SPRO > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable > Customer Accounts > Master Data > Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data > Define Account Groups with Screen Layout (Customers)

10 - SPRO > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable > Customer Accounts > Master Data > Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data > Define Screen Layout per Activity (Vendors)

11 - SPRO > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable > Customer Accounts > Master Data > Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data > Define Screen Layout per Company Code (Customers)

12 - SPRO > Logistics - General > Plant Master > Control Data for Plant Maintenance > Plant Profiles

There’s a central SAP Note explaining a rather long list of SAP Notes to be implemented and considered: See SAP Note 2603898 - BP_CVI: Composite SAP Note for consideration of FI field modifications (FMOD1) in transaction BP in CVI in S/4HANA.

For meeting more complex requirements, I would also call attention to SAP Note 2591329 - New BADI to control field status based on combination of Header data ( like Category, grouping, activity, role ) with authorization check.
0 Kudos
A very helpful document, thanks for this has been a great help for me.
Andi_M
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Very good article!

One hint from my side to find the right field group and data set. In BP transaction place the cursor into the field you want to get information about. Enter OK-Code BDT_ANALYZER in transaction field. After this a Pop-Up will appear where you can get all technical information as of field group, data set, ....

With SAP S/4HANA 1809 on-prem field control for CVI will consider field control from Account Group as well. Described in SAP note 2603898 - BP_CVI: Composite SAP Note for consideration of FI field modifications (FMOD1) i...

Best Regards

Andi
wendy_li3
Explorer
0 Kudos
very helpful article! Thanks!

by the way, in my BP vender general screen, field LFA1_WERKS is hidden.

I checked the configuration by your guide. The field is 3341 which is "Not spec.". I change it to "Opt entry" and save it in my TR. However, when I entered this configuration again, it became "Not spec." automatically.

Could you give me some hint to solve this problem?

My edition is S/4HANA OP 1090.

Many Thanks!

Wendy
Andi_M
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Wendy,

please use report CVI_CHECK_VISIBILITY to check field status.

Best Regards

Andi
0 Kudos

Hello narayana.n3

Could you help me please, i have this issue:

When I select FUNCION IC FCLU01 i see this screen in this:

I need to see this table: 

TAX CATEGORY

When i check this transaction: BUCG

In FLCU01 i dont see this group of field: 

But i see this group of field in funcion ic FLCU00

Could you help me? i need apper the table TAX CATEGORY in funcion IC FLCU01 or FLCU00

Pleaase, thanks

z_elya
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello,

Nice thread.

Could you maybe help to how to make visible the old fields used before CVI & BP ( Like STCD4 & STCD3 which are still available in KNA1 ) ?

Is it anyway possible to make them visible in BP transaction.

Regards
0 Kudos
Hello Narayana bhai

Excellent Job...

You  share in very proper way by which any  fresher  even can easily get the idea and perform the task .
0 Kudos
Hello Narayan bhai

> Excellent work you performed 
m_zahnleiter1987
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Naranya, it is the first time that I am commenting a blog. This is by far the best SAP blog I have seen so far. It covers all important aspects. Thank you.
Labels in this area