Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PankajPareek
Active Participant

Audience: This is for those who are familiar with OpenText VIM.

Introduction

OpenText VIM is packaged solution for managing invoices. With OpenText VIM one can better manage the workflow of the invoices, pay correct amount to vendors, create various types of invoices, get the aging report, keep check and various validations (document type, invoice information etc.), elimination of errors and duplicate check. Having a highly configurable design allows VIM to accommodate various business scenarios and cater needs to various organizations.

VIM preprocess data before creating SAP document. Once system validates all the business rules and pass the document then document in SAP is created. DP comprises of following:

Components

Description

Document Type

Highest level attribute. It determines screen layout and SAP transaction to be called.

Process Type

Each document type needs at least one process type. It affects the process flow. It determines initial actors and collaboration options available to actors.

Business Rules

Sets of logical conditions required for validating data from external systems.

Roles

Grouping of actors in various categories

Options and option types

The two basic options are: Actions and Referrals. Actions are based on transactions or workflow tasks.

Duplicate Check infrastructure

For configuring different duplicate check logic

Configuring DP document types

OpenText provides standard document types for most of the scenarios however one can create a custom document type by following below steps:

1. Create SAP ArchiveLink Doc Types: Go to T-Code OAC2 and create new SAP ArchiveLink document type by providing values for Document Type, Description and Document Class.

It is recommended to maintain one SAP ArchiveLink for each DP doc type even if the process is same as it allows separation of database and custom functions.

2. Create new DP Doc Type:

a. Go to T-code /n/OPT/VIM_1CX1

b. Click on 'New Entries' button (In case you wish to edit existing one then double click on the document type)

c. Enter following details: Description, Document Index Type (Indexing using OCR, Online Indexing, No Indexing, and Indexing using IDOC), Invoice Type, Number Range, SAP FI Doc type, Archive Doc Type, Line Item Data, Duplicate Check Group, Duplicate Check Role, Default Process type, Posting Role, Rescan Role, Check Display Index Data checkbox, Check Skip Dashboard checkbox and Check Display Image checkbox.

NOTE: Indexing is a process of filling up the invoicing details in the DP document.

3. Define Process Type:

a. Got to T-Code /n/OPT/VIM_1CX1. Select the created DP Document Type

b. Double Click on Document Process and select the process type. Click on Details button

c. Check the Active checkbox button. Select the value of BDC transaction ID and Background Tran ID (BDC transaction ID is used to process an SAP transaction to create SAP document in user context. Background Tran ID is used to process SAP transaction to create SAP document in background). Enter value of Autopost flag (X: for background processing) and parking reason.

4. Configure Index screen option:

a. Go to T-Code /n/OPT/VIM_1CX1. Select the created DP Document Type.

b. Double click on Index Screen Option and click on New Entries Button.

c. Provide following details: Process Type, Description, Current Role (Role which processes the Work Item), Check on Allow Changes check box, check Show Duplicates check box, select Initial Tab (Dashboard and Index Data), Select Enable Simulate in case you want to skip certain business rules, check Disable Obsolete check box in case you want to hide obsolete button in dashboard and check Disable Rescan check box in case you want to hide Rescan button in dashboard.

5. Configure Automatic Image Display:

a. Go to T-Code SM30 and enter /PTGWFI/Z_CONST in Table/View and Click Maintain.

b. Under product code 005 double click constant DASHBOARD_IMAGE_AUTO. Enter value X and save.

6. Define Process Type determination sequence:

a. Go to T-Code /n/OPT/VIM_1CX1. Select the create document type and double click on Proc. Type. Det. Sequence.

b. Enter following details: Step Id, Process type, check Exclude from Simulate checkbox to exclude business rule from simulation and check Bypass      possible checkbox to enable bypass of business rule

c. Select the step and double click on Sequence Steps. Enter value for Step Sequence, Field Name for the field that needs to be validated, check type (Table Field, Check Function, Constant Value, Required Field)

7. Maintain PO line Determination: When data is captured from external system then PO line number might not be supplied thus this step helps to determine the PO line number in such scenario.

a. Go to /n/OPT/VIM_POL

b. Enter PO Line Det. ID (should start with 1), Check Function (custom function to determine PO line number. It is blank by default and OpenText standard function module is used).

c. Double click on PO Line Determination Fields and maintain fields you to bed used for PO line determination and save.

d. Go to /n/OPT/VIM_1CX1. Double click on Document Type and enter the value for Determination Logic ID. Save.

8. Maintain Tax Code Determination:

a. Go to T-Code /n/OPT/VIM_1CX1. Double click on Document Type and select the radio button for required option. In order to get the tax code from vendor master then select 'Tax Code from Vendor Master'.

b. In case tax is determined using OpenText tax table (table: /OPT/VIM_TAX_CFG) use t-code /n/OPT/VIM_BL_TAX_CFG

c. Select applicable checkbox for tax calculation (Auto Calculate Tax, Allow Zero Tax Rate, and Allow without Rate).

9. Configure Duplicate Check: This is to check in case a duplicate document is created. After identifying the document can be routed back to the predefined role for further processing.

a. Go to T-Code /n/OPT/VIM_1CX5

b. Click on New Entries button and enter the Duplicate Check Group number, Description, Duplicate Check Type (Function Module and Index Data Field) and Ext. Dup. Check Function. Select Run Duplicate Check in Central System

c. Select the created group and double click on group field and mention the fields for duplicate check

10.  Determine PO invoices by Vendor Table: Table /OPT/VT_DOC_DET contains vendors that send PO based invoices. Vendor can send invoices without providing PO number. If vendor is not found in this table then system checks for PO number.

77 Comments
PankajPareek
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Kathy,

Below should be the path. I don't have access to version 7.0. In case you are still having issues then we message me your email and we can schedule something to work together and figure it out.

To map ArchiveLink document types to a DP document type:
1. Follow Vendor Invoice Management > Document Processing Configuration >
Document Type Configuration > Maintain Document Types.
2. In the Document Type Definition Overview screen, select a DP document type
and double-click ArchiveLink Mapping.
3. In the ArchiveLink Mapping Overview screen, configure the mapping, using
the following parameters:
Doc. Type
Enter an ArchiveLink document type to map it to the selected DP document
type.
Description
Enter a description of the ArchiveLink document type.

Regards

Pankaj Pareek
Former Member
Hi Pankaj,

Hope you are doing well. I am facing some issue in VIM ANALYTICS. Image preview is not coming, rather than showing Image preview it's showing POP UP Images. If I clicked the button "Display Image" image opening in different window. Please help. I need the Image preview in the side panel.

former_member554269
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Pankaj ,

This document is really helpful. Thanks for such a detailed document. I have one requirement on Open text. Can you please go through my requirement below and throw some light on the approach ? TIA.

“A separate ICC class is needed that would prioritize the image as urgent, so we can work this item first.    For legacy system we had an urgent mailbox that we provided only to areas that we consider high profile, quick turnaround, special handling.  When the .pdf was sent to our urgent mailbox the validation module (Kofax) was able to set a priority based on the input source (class).  We also had all of our payment request go to this urgent mailbox.     We were also able to scan hardcopy invoices to the urgent class as well.  The priority allowed us to define the input class from a level from 1-10, I believe.   If the item scanned was a 1 it would move to the top of the validation work.    Standard mail sent to invoicecollector would be validated last and urgent would slide in front of PO work.  We had expense reports set to a high priority as well in Kofax.”  
former_member555015
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Pankaj,

I have recently completed training on SAP FI and got project under OpenText VIM module as a fresher. Please help me to build my career in this module by providing advise and sharing your thoughts. My mail ID is kumar.m117@gmail.com.

Thank You In Advance.

Kumara M

0 Kudos
Hi Pankaj,

Good Day.

I am working as a FI consultant in one of leading IT company. In my current project the client is using Open Text VIM process. It will be helpful if you share the documents related to VIM.

I express my heartwhealming thanks to you for creating this document because i have never seen this kind of explanation in web.

My Mail ID is: viswaicwa@gmail.com

Thank You in Advance.

Vishwanathan
former_member232877
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Pankaj,

i have query related to VIM , Once the document is scanned , can the quanity and amount fields are editable?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Hi Pankaj,

Hope you are doing well.

I will highly appreciate your help if you can confirm and guide me regarding VAT configuration, mapping and updates (including prerequisites to be check in ICC and SAP versions) to Opentext VIM.

I can be reach at kathrinayuarellano@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Kathy
former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos
I have the same issue, Email comes to SOIN but it is not triggering IDH .

former_member438302
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Pankaj,

i found your articles about VIM configuration and ArchiveLink very useful. Yet i'm struggling to find a scenario/example to use VIM to process the electronic invoices we receive in XML and PDF and would like to archive the PDF and use the XML data as metadata.

Can you please lead me in the right direction?

Thank you very much,

Pedro Eloy
0 Kudos
Hi,

We have requirement to read PDF from Vendor mail and then Process to Validation till posting

Mank thanks
0 Kudos

API behind the functionality "Refer to AP Processor"

0 secs ago | 1 Views

Hi Pankaj,

Greetings of the Day.

I would like to ask you if there is an FM or any API available to replicate the functionality of "Refer to AP Processor".

We have implemented the My Inbox Fiori App for all email/workflow notifications and have also customised it to show notifications from VIM. So when someone needs to process a VIM Invoice; he or she gets a notification on My Inbox.

Now we are trying to add an extra functionality to allow the users to do "Refer to AP Processor" from the My Inbox screen itself; so I am looking for an API to replicate the functionality.

Can you please advise?

Regards,
Pablo Ghosh Roy

former_member478485
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Pankaj

Need some technical help related to VIM IDOC process, I have a scenario where I need to change the GL Account number through enhancement.  This FM  - /OTX/PF01_UTIL_IDOC_INPUT is being used in the standard idoc config. when testing it through WE19 . Is there any user exits available to do this change.
former_member688604
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Pankaj,

Can you please guide me on below queries

1. How to rename the existing header field "Attribute1" in VIM

2. How to map the field to SAP table(ACDOCA)

Regards,

Tamilba
former_member688604
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi,

Can you please guide me on below queries

1. How to rename the existing header field “Attribute1” in VIM

2. How to map the field to SAP table(ACDOCA)

Regards,

Tamilba
former_member691409
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Pankaj:

We are about to go live with VIM. We face the following 2 problems that their solution is vital for our daily operations:

1. We want to post an invoice with a different account assignment category than the one in the purchase order. System does not allow such a change. For example purchase order has an asset (A). We want to post the invoice with a cost center instead (K). Is there any possible way to proceed with the change?

2. We want to post an invoice with asset line items in Opentext VIM. We do not use purchase order. It is an FI invoice posting. The system allows to post line items with g/l accounts only. Is there any possible way to post asset line items?

Thank you in advance

Dimitris T.
0 Kudos
How to find out the user details who have processed the documents ? All the documents were showing as processed by WFBATCH. After click of "Apply Business Rules" by the user it is showing as autoposted.
0 Kudos
Hi All,

We have done automatic read mail configuration  in vendor invoice management, it means vendors are sending invoices and OCR reading all details.

My issue is its reading only one invoice from mail box, our exception is to read all attachments from mail. Could you help on that.
cdgarcia_ph
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Pankaj,

Maybe you can share your resolution for this.
0 Kudos
Hello Pankaj,

Thank you for providing this blog on VIM. Its really difficult to get any good info on this. Regarding ICC, is it compatible with normal scanning hardware or do we have to buy separate scanners for ICC?

thanks!

Regards,

Upamanyu
0 Kudos
We are facing the same please guide us
former_member288720
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi,
Were you able to find a resolution for this?
kush1991
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello,

is the problem resolved, if yes, could you please help me to identify that how the problem was resolved, kindly help.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Kush S
0 Kudos
Hi Pankaj,

I have a VIM issue were, system is learning modifications we do in invoice processing in test system but not in production, please let us know how to enable VIM system to learn modifications we are doing in invoice.

Thanks

Madan Kumar V
ujjalsaha
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Pankaj

Can you guide me how to configure ERS ( Evaluated receipt settlement) in VIM
lokanadham_velugu
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Currently, I am facing strange issues in the IES Validation client for vendor invoice management.

1. The IES validation client not allowed to validate 2nd and 3rd pages for some invoices? (not for all) and PO number is not validating for some vendors and i was given training for PO, but still its not showing in VIM WP

2. IES Validation client not picking PO and Service entry sheet number in validation client for some invoices? (not for all invoices)?

JoseSira12
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi experts
Please help me with the following problem,
my client needs to disable the submit button in the /opt/vim_mp transaction.
Is it possible?

vim_submit.PNG

Thank you very much for your support

Hassanmurad0
Participant
0 Kudos

very nice article. i have a question hoping someone can answer the question please.

We have a custom code block dimension in table ACDOCA. We want this to be an available field when someone is coding an invoice in VIM. Currently we see only standard fields like cost center, wbs, gl account, company code e.t.c but not this custom ZZ dimension. I do see it available in Fb60 if that is related/helpful.

Labels in this area