Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexey_danshin
Participant
Relationship to existing contact persons is out of scope in Customer migration object. In order to migrate BP Relationship new Migration Object should be created. In this blog post you will learn how to do it.

Function Module BAPI_BUPR_CONTP_CREATE is using to create a contact person relationship between two business partners. The system checks that the specified business partners exist. The business partner that you enter in the "contact person" parameter must be in the "person" category.

1 Create new Migration Project. In LTMC t-code choose Create, fill Name and Mass Transfer ID.

2 Run LTMOM t-code. Open your migration project and create new user-defined migration object.

Menu Project – Create Migration Object – User-Defined – Migrate Data Using Files/Staging Tables. Go thought wizard steps as follow.

3 Create source structure. Append new structures below to lower level.

S_BUPR Business Partner Relationship fields

Key Name Data Type Length Column Header
X BUSINESSPARTNER CHAR 10 Business Partner
X CONTACTPERSON CHAR 10 Contact Person
FUNCTION CHAR 4 Function of partner
DEPARTMENT CHAR 4 Department at business partner
COMM_TYPE CHAR 3 Communication Method (Key) (Business Add

4 Set up structure mapping as follow.

Source Structure Target Structure Access Type Mapping Type Source Cardinality Target Cardinality Data Path Type
S_BUPR HEADER LOOP AT TABLE 1:1 Relation 1 1 Default Path
S_BUPR R_BUSINESSPARTNER Mapping only 1:1 Relation 1 1 Not Applicable
S_BUPR R_CONTACTPERSON Mapping only 1:1 Relation 1 1 Not Applicable
S_BUPR R_VALIDFROMDATE Mapping only 1:1 Relation 1 1 Not Applicable
S_BUPR R_VALIDUNTILDATE Mapping only 1:1 Relation 1 1 Not Applicable
S_BUPR R_CENTRALDATA Mapping only 1:1 Relation 1 1 Not Applicable
S_BUPR R_ADDRESSDATA Mapping only 1:1 Relation 1 1 Not Applicable

5 Map Fields according data in table

Import Parameter Parameter Value Rule Target Field
Target Structure R_BUSINESSPARTNER
SENDERFIELD S_BUPR-BUSINESSPARTNER MOVE BUSINESSPARTNER
Target Structure R_CONTACTPERSON
SENDERFIELD S_BUPR-CONTACTPERSON MOVE CONTACTPERSON
Target Structure R_CENTRALDATA
SENDERFIELD S_BUPR-FUNCTION MOVE FUNCTION
SENDERFIELD S_BUPR-DEPARTMENT MOVE DEPARTMENT
Target Structure R_ADDRESSDATA
SENDERFIELD S_BUPR-COMM_TYPE MOVE COMM_TYPE

Save and generate run time object.

6 Run LTMC t-code, open your project, created migration object and download Template.  Populate data as follow.

BUSINESSPARTNER CONTACTPERSON FUNCTION DEPARTMENT COMM_TYPE
Business Partner* Contact Person* Function of partner Department at business partner Communication Method (Key) (Business Add
17100001 17910007 0005 0003 TEL
17100002 17910006 0001 0002 TEL
17100002 17910005 0003 0004 TEL

7 Go through migration steps. As result Contact Persons should be assigned to Business Partners.

Thereby we have created Contact Person assignment Migration Cockpit object.
10 Comments
0 Kudos
Hello,

I was following your steps and i have the next errors in the system,

Could you help me with this? pls

Regards,
alexey_danshin
Participant
Hello.

If I have very strange errors in LTMOM I try to change Global Data by typing space. Then save object and Generate Migration Object. If no luck then please go Display Generated Function Group and try to analyze it. Form _CONVERT_0001. should be declared only once.
br,

Alexey.
0 Kudos
Hello Alexey,

It worked, only changing the global Data like you said. Thank you!

I have a another question about the Migration Cockpit, i have the Sap versión 1909 and i'm using the standard file to migrate the Customer object, when i enter values on fields of the contact persons section (Function, department, VIP, etc.), the migration cockpit throws the next error:

Is only with the fields that appears on the contact person relationship. You know how to solve this error? or, is that why you created this blog in the beginning?

Regards and Thanks!
alexey_danshin
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello.

I faced with similar error then I tried to create person via standard object. Company address should be assigned according actual settings of my system. address was set as mandatory by my colleagues. Unfortunately I don't know how to solve it. I had the main reason to create own object for relationship. I need to assign existing person instead of creating it simultaneously with customer. I spent my effort for creating my own object.
br,
Alexey.
0 Kudos
Hello Alexey,

Thanks for the very detailed blog. I was able to maintain the relationship between Business partner and contact person.

But I am not able to update the telephone details and email address in the relationship tab, can you please advice how this is to be done.

Regards,

Patil

vijy_mukunthan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
HI Alexey

The above mentioned BAPI_BUPR_CONTP_CREATE don't have any field are structure to pass Relationship category. How system will know which category to be picked.

Where as this BAPI_BUPR_RELATIONSHIP_CREATE specifically has category field to pass. Which BAPI is best to use in cockpit?.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay
alexey_danshin
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Vijay.

Thanks for comment. Please review blog text. I mentioned that The business partner that you enter in the “contact person” parameter must be in the “person” category. If You need another relationship please look for proper BAPI. BAPI_BUPR_CONTP_CREATE is fine for Contact Person.

br,

Alexey.

yrimer
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thank you for this detailed blog! I've also encountered an error similar to Gerard Not and changing the Global Data worked as mentioned in the thread.

Thank you both!

BR,

Yann

Hi Alexey,

Can someone help me on this i have created custom program using 'BAPI_BUPR_CONTP_CREATE' function module.

I am facing Below two issues in LTMC

1. Once i upload file i am not able to simulate or perform any mapping task in Migration cockpit, its directing towards only migrate option. I havent mentioned any thing in the simulation parameter while creating custom object, could anyone suggest any simulation parameter i can use for this object?
  2. Once i directly for for Migrate option i am not able to build a relationship with multiple contact person for individual customer i am getting this below error
    "Contact person relationship already exists between partners 3XXXXX5722 and 9XXXXX0004"

Can Someone suggest how can i pass the multiple contact person for single customer?

DeepthiGandham
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can we handle Business partner relationship migration in SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud. I have a requirement to take care of the same but we have LTMOM with restricted objects on Public cloud. 

Regards,
Deepti

Labels in this area