Career Corner
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Be Authentic, Comfortable and Interview the Interviewer πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸ’»

KunalBansal
Active Contributor

In my last interviews, which consisted of mainly three rounds - Technical, Managerial, and HR - I experienced a moment that truly showcased the power of a clever response.

• After successfully demonstrating my technical competence in the 1st round, I moved on to the managerial interview with the practice lead.
  • The discussion was focused on my understanding of business processes, technical expertise, and experience with previous organizations to which I answered authentically and confidently with some cross-questions, establishing my credibility and expertise.
  • I never hesitated to use the whiteboard to explain my understanding of any topic. (off-course taking permission to use it and wiping board at the end)

As the 45 mins interview drew close, the practice lead asked the classic question: Do you have any questions for me? (This moment can significantly impact the interview outcome, and I seized the opportunity to make a lasting impression.)

• I asked some smart questions about the overall practice strength, org-structure, project pipeline, team dynamics, and my potential role and responsibilities.
  • By visualising myself in the position already and expressing genuine curiosity, I showed my sincere interest in the organisation, intending to understand how the team is structured, the types of projects handled, and how well I would fit into the team.
  • I also asked if I needed to prepare for any specific skills before joining.

Lastly, I asked him about his overall professional journey, fostering a positive and engaging conversation and we closed the interview on a very positive note followed by an offer.

Bottom line: If we can genuinely interview the interviewer, it showcases intent, confidence, knowledge, and authenticity which leaves a strong impression and reinforces genuine interest in joining the team and org.

Feel free to add comments share your views or any suggestions.

Thank you.

Kunal Bansal
SAP Champion and CX Architect

Comments
Harika_Challa
Newcomer

Great insight! Kudos on sharing πŸ‘

Abhigupta
Explorer

Excellent insight Thanks for sharing 

Very good insight and really full with motivation.

Devyansh
Discoverer

Nice way to conquer interviews, Kudos!

Mugdha_Tripathi
Discoverer

Super Kunal...

Very very insightful..

Pragati2
Discoverer

Great work, Kunal

Mbongo
Explorer

Excellent insight and thank for sharing.

Smithamarakini
Discoverer

Thanks for sharing Kunal!

AjayKhare
Newcomer

Thanks for sharing these valuable insights

vibhaSingh06
Discoverer

Thank you for the excellent insight and for sharing this information