Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FICO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having 20 years of experience in Financial Market, such as Fixed Deposit and in Mutual Fund Process (BPO). Also I have experience in financial accounting. Now I am changing my career and have under gone class room training in SAP FICO. I am fresher to SAP and searching for a job and project. I am in chennai seeking opening in fi as a fresher. can any one advise me which consultant will place for freshers like me in SAP. please respond me.

Rgds

RRK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

RRK,

Please remove the word "fresher" from your vocabulary. With 20 years of experience in financials, you are far from a fresher. Fresher has negative connotations as someone who knows nothing and wants jobs to be given without first learning the domain. You know the domain. Whether or not you are in SAP, you have much to offer a company. Your goal should be to find a company who needs a Financials person who is already running SAP. I recommend looking for an end user type job, not a configuration job. You are more than qualified to do that. Once you've been employed and the company is aware of your value, then let them know that you would like to learn the configuration side and move into the group that supports the SAP application directly. This is, by far, the most common way for folks to break into SAP.

The company that wants you to pay them to get SAP experience is only looking for your money and free labor. At the end, you will not pass their test and you will be worse off than you are now. Find a reputable job with a reputable company that already runs SAP. Look into night/weekend certification programs that will let you get the configuration experience you desire while you are gainfully employed at a company as an SAP end user.

Best of luck in your future!

--Tom

9 REPLIES 9

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to SCN.

You need to look for two areas if you want to make your Career in SAP FICO.

First as you said that you got good domain exp. of over 20 years in Finance. Which I think is a good pre-requisite for SAP FICO. Also you had been through FICO training.

Second is that SAP FICO is the toughest module and requires lot of exp. on the tool. Today you can see many companies are asking for over 3-4yrs of Exp. in SAP FICO.

What I suggest you is that, please post your resume in Job Portals and if any chance comes up as a trainee or fresher then go ahead.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. That was a great reply.

I have got an offer to work as a trainee in one of the organisation in Bangalore, but the problem is that, I need to pay a few thousands to them for three months and they will take me through a project. After completing the three months, they will conduct the test and will find out what I have learnt in this 3 months and if i pass the test, from 4th month onwards, they will start paying a few thousands and will ask me to do the project.

is it worth to take this assignment or is there any other opportunities to get a project

Please do help me in how to get into the SAP FICO and I am very much interested to put my rest of the career in SAP.

Rgds

RRK

0 Kudos

Hi RRK,

With your level of experience, it wouldn't be a nice decision to go through such a training. It is just like a fresher

who is passed out of college and does the same thing. Another thing is the test they have mentioned. That itself

shows that they are just a training center and doesn't value your experience. By conducting a tough test, they will

trouble you. Better not to go for such a thing. It is not an offer from my perspective, but another way of milking

money.

If it is an offer, then they will not tell such things. Rather they will count on your experience and give a better job.

And another thing, is your current job profile. You can get into a career with your experience rather than

getting in to such trainings.

Regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for my reply, my friend. I have one question regarding the use of certification and how does it helps me in getting the sap job( i am fresher in SAP)

rgds

rrk

0 Kudos

Hi,

With your experience, SAP certification will really give you an edge to get in to the SAP consulting field.

You have to prepare very well to do the certification. I would suggest you take the training from SAP

authorized training partners like Siemens

Regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one let me know where I can down load the sample blue print on sap fico

rgds

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

RRK,

Please remove the word "fresher" from your vocabulary. With 20 years of experience in financials, you are far from a fresher. Fresher has negative connotations as someone who knows nothing and wants jobs to be given without first learning the domain. You know the domain. Whether or not you are in SAP, you have much to offer a company. Your goal should be to find a company who needs a Financials person who is already running SAP. I recommend looking for an end user type job, not a configuration job. You are more than qualified to do that. Once you've been employed and the company is aware of your value, then let them know that you would like to learn the configuration side and move into the group that supports the SAP application directly. This is, by far, the most common way for folks to break into SAP.

The company that wants you to pay them to get SAP experience is only looking for your money and free labor. At the end, you will not pass their test and you will be worse off than you are now. Find a reputable job with a reputable company that already runs SAP. Look into night/weekend certification programs that will let you get the configuration experience you desire while you are gainfully employed at a company as an SAP end user.

Best of luck in your future!

--Tom

0 Kudos

Thanks for your encouraging words, which really boosted my confidence level. I am searching for the jobs like u say and still unable to get the same through net. could u please let me no any site offering the end users job.

regards

rrk

0 Kudos

I am assuming that you are in India and I don't have a lot of specific advice about specific sites to recommend, but I will tell you this: If I were in your situation in the United States, my first stop would be to find the local SAP users group. Checking ASUG.com, you can get a list of companies who are already SAP customers. I assume there's a version of ASUG in India. Another suggestion would be to find a site equivalent to monster.com or dice.com in India and use "SAP" as a keyword. This will give a list of companies to target. I would then rank them according to whatever criteria (location, size, etc) and start checking their corporate web sites for openings.

After that, it's just a standard job search. Please never forget that you have valuable skills to contribute. Your understanding of business processes and the how to avoid problems that a young company might face is far more valuable than SAP configuration skills. You'll learn that part, but how to push the buttons that do the configuration is nothing compared to knowing why one set of configuration is better in a given circumstance than another, and that takes experience.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom