Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Enquiry !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellas,

Just needed to clarify some issues about SAP.

I'm currently in to Electronics field working as an Engineer and I got about 2 years of experience And holding on to Mechanical engineering degree.

I recently got in to a SAP course and I gotta choose 2 Functional modules to specialize.As I dont have any experience in SAP I'm taking this course to step in SAP field.

I'm aware certifications are not the way to get in and I need proper experience.As I gotta scholarship to this course I'm giving it a try .

So I wanted to know which modules are in demand and which would be more appropriate for me even thou i dont have any experience.Im based in Singapore and my age is 28.I do not have any programming experience and im focusing on functional tracks.

SAP HR

SAP MM

SAP SD

SAP FI/CO

Thanks a million and looking forward to a positive answer

4 REPLIES 4

0 Kudos

Hi,

With your background you should opt for either SAP MM or SAP SD.

I would suggest you opt for SD with your experience. It will help you

to understand better with your domain experience.

Regards,

Leon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please go through below link which gives info and ranking about every module.

http://www.jonerp.com/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=178

0 Kudos

Hey buddy thanks for your input.

Actually I do have 2 modules to choose from 4 and then i will be doing one project on any of these modules.

I was thinking to take SD and FI and do the project on MM do you think studying 3 modules will be tedious !!

Will go in deep while doing the 3rd module so im a bit confused which one to take up ??

is it good to know more modules or just concentrated on 2 modules and do the project on the same selected module ?? pls advice

0 Kudos

Hi,

It is better you concentrate on one module initially. You have to be strong in one module with experience.

While doing certification and doing an academic project in a module is not going to help much without

experience. Also you cannot become an expert with just certification. And if in the intial stage, if you are

looking in to more modules, it will not help you much. So it is always better you become strong in one

area and then extend your expertise and knowledge.

Regards,

Leon