Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Career & Job market in India

former_member182297
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1> I wonder why India is so different from those other countries where you can directly sit for an SAP exam without going for a course from an SAP Authorized training center? I have heard from friends who stay in UK or USA that there they need do a course from a authorized center. They can just do self study at home & when prepared they can register for the exam!!

2> Secondly, my question is regarding the unjustified ,unethical way that one has to get recruited in a SAP job. For eg , I have done SAP SD certification & nowhere in the SAP course I was taught how to do CIN (ie Country India related taxation configuration & settings AFAIK) , the process related to service based industries like that in companies eg Nielsen where the process is quite different for a fresher to understand & solve tickets in just 6 or 9 months!! It at least takes 1 year time which the companies are not willing to invest/ give to the candidates!

If I'm from ABAP field, then companies are looking for so many things at one go from a candidate that freshers can hardly even dare to apply for such jobs!! The companies firstly looking for Engineering graduates(??) be he/she from even pharma / biomedical/ electronics engg where they hardly know JAVA or C++ or Oracle to that depth even if they know all these!! So why can not a commerce/arts/general science graduate not apply for ABAP jobs??

My question is - did all genius in Science/ Tech world like for eg Benjamin Franklin or the great Thomas Edison had any formal degree?? ( for example see this list -

https://jamesaconrad.com/TK/famous-scientists-who-never-had-a-science-degree.html

or

https://visual.ly/community/infographic/technology/famous-scientists-and-inventors-who-dropped-out-s... )

Then why this discrimination in India or other places?

Next is , why are companies looking for so many technologies from a candidate who might be a newcomer in the industry? Is this some kind of exploitation so that only those candidates which the IT industry stereotypes as "FIT"

can set foot inside?

How gross & inhuman then this IT industry is -- next to sales (among many other such inhuman unsocial professions) In fact I see most IT people are like some psy*** cold personality who are equally cruel asa co-worker or colleague!!

Ok coming back to some the technologies that are sought from freshers are like Webdynpro/ Workflow . HR Abap,

FIORI, SAP UI5, HANA, BI / BO apart from the huge topics itself from ABAP like RICEF plus OOPS!!

Hope people sitting in the recruitment / management positions are reading this post & will try to change their policies regarding this type of recruitment!

3 REPLIES 3

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

On your first two questions, you should have raised this query with SAP as they only introduced these sort of rules. In fact, on your certification, I don't think, you will get country specific certification in any country. Having said that, you cannot expect to cover CIN in SD certification.

On your comments

why can not a commerce/arts/general science graduate not apply for ABAP jobs??

not sure, how you have concluded this. As long as you are strong in coding, be it whether you are a MCA or any degree, no matter. There are companies who recruit freshers / juniors and all you have to do is to search for such small companies. In fact, you should be ready to work under bond for couple of years.

0 Kudos

Quote : "On your first two questions, you should have raised this query with SAP as they only introduced these sort of rules."

Sir, obviously that is the reason I'm posting this question in the SAP forum , otherwise how to contact SAP? Also, only my opinion will not change SAP's policy. So I want others to come out & support me, so that there is a consensus which I hope may help to change SAP's outrageous policies in India.

Quote : "Having said that, you cannot expect to cover CIN in SD certification."

Sir, then why do most companies are expecting these from candidates who are fresher?

0 Kudos

I don't think, any employer can expect CIN knowledge from a fresher which is highly impossible. Probably, you were approaching some wrong employers. In India, small IT firms are there who recruit freshers and as I said already, they expect you to give bond for certain period during which, they provide you training. Once the training is completed, you can work on any project that they get.