Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next career move

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am a recently retired (early buyout) Verizon employee with 21 years experience in Network (Telecom, not Computer) Operations. Most of my experience has been in network implementation, support, troubleshooting, and maintenance. I have strong computer (administration and operation, no code writing exp.) skills and and just as strong Customer Service skills. After I take the SAP Overview and Introduction to SAP Solution Manager, which path would allow me to apply my current skillset to a different role in the Telecommunications industry? Thank all in advance.

David

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Sorry for diverting to some other industry... If you have a good experience why don't you try Cisco certification in master level, you get equivalent of salary or more than SAP salary.  Some of my friends who are earning in Networking better than SAP guys (Including me).

Still you are keen to join in SAP then check for SAP Netweaver Basis Administrator or SAP HANA Administrator that would match slightly to you.  You don't need to do any coding for these..

Regards

GGOPII