Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need guidance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did BE in Electronics and communication, MBA in Finance and now am working as a SAP BI/BO associate consultant. I do not previous job experience.This is my first job. Can anyone please guide me how to create my future? Is this a good career path? What to do next? what should be my approach?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shruthi,

SAP BI/BO, as a specialty, will provide you with many years of productive employment. The real question is: does this work excite you? Can you see yourself doing data warehousing for the next 5, 10, 20 years? If yes, then you're fine. If no, then start looking for things that interest you more. Since you have a Finance background, maybe you want to get your CPA or other finance credentials. There are many subspecialties of Business Intelligence that revolve around Financials and reporting/data modeling. You may be able to leverage your current work experience into something more to your liking if that's the issue.

Work your passion and the money will take care of itself.

Check out a few of the following blogs as well

Valuable lessons to make the most of your SAP Career

Employment in the Agile Business

How an SAP ABAP Career Can Be Like a Train Journey

What should a fresher in SAP do?

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

4 REPLIES 4

raman1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello ,

It good approach , you get into Business Object , you will learn a lot in Reporting fields, try your career to develop in Techno functional consultant as you have Financial background go for SAP FICO moudle.

Thanks

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RP,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Regards

Shruthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shruthi,

SAP BI/BO, as a specialty, will provide you with many years of productive employment. The real question is: does this work excite you? Can you see yourself doing data warehousing for the next 5, 10, 20 years? If yes, then you're fine. If no, then start looking for things that interest you more. Since you have a Finance background, maybe you want to get your CPA or other finance credentials. There are many subspecialties of Business Intelligence that revolve around Financials and reporting/data modeling. You may be able to leverage your current work experience into something more to your liking if that's the issue.

Work your passion and the money will take care of itself.

Check out a few of the following blogs as well

Valuable lessons to make the most of your SAP Career

Employment in the Agile Business

How an SAP ABAP Career Can Be Like a Train Journey

What should a fresher in SAP do?

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your guidance.Nice blogs, really helpful.

Regards

Shruthi