Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me out with choosing this SAP job role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a Btech Electronics and instrumentation 2011 pass out fresher from India

I have been offered a job(got it through referral) in an SAP channel partner company they Use SAP Business One mostly and in some rare case they use SAP All in one.

Their clients are domestic and company is small company

Here is my Job role they said

First i have to meet clients tell them about ERP SAP B1 then get the requirements do some case study about the company.In between prepare minutes of meetings which u had with the client.Later then secondly do the Functional part with the obtained requirements (ie: building business model,creating database and other functional part) then if so i am interested do technical part too (so that to become techno+ functional )

My question or doubts about this role is

1.Is this role good and have good future scope?

2.Will i get good jobs in MNC companies after getting experienced if so what could be the salary package for 1.5yrs+ exp

3.Heard the SAP R3 product is more big that B1 can i be able to switch over to SAP R3 with exp in SAP B1 since the core of erp concept is same

4.Have exprience in which sectore Funtional ? or techincal(programing) ? or technofunctional ? has very good growth n hike

2 REPLIES 2

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1.Is this role good and have good future scope?

If you are really desperate for job and there is no other option in hand, then something is better than nothing. Considering the fact that you are fresher and somebody has offered in the area of SAP, not a bad option.

2.Will i get good jobs in MNC companies after getting experienced if so what could be the salary package for 1.5yrs+ exp

Salary is the most subjective, nobody can predict your salary after 1.5 years. It is just you who can estimate yourself. Study the market rates for salaries in India. You should around in that range only. Do not expect 400 or 500 percent hike

3.Heard the SAP R3 product is more big that B1 can i be able to switch over to SAP R3 with exp in SAP B1 since the core of erp concept is same

Every switching has its own limitations and difficulties, you have to cross all those difficulties, unless you are so lucky.

4.Have exprience in which sectore Funtional ? or techincal(programing) ? or technofunctional ? has very good growth n hike

Slow and study wins the race. No end to learning knowledge. Start with a single direction, entering in too many directions will not help.

All the best.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Advantage of business one is that it is small and in my opinion not meant for huge development. So for example my father with almost no development experience but still organized and curious person was able to learn most of the features of the B1 system in two years. So you can "master" the system in much shorter time than any other SAP product.

On the other hand the size is the worst limitation. There is no way how to advance your career when you`re the business one system master (this is rather naive and simplified explanation, forgive me). On the other hand NetWeaver or R/3 how they used to call the "big SAP" is endless and you will never master even 10% of the system or platform.

Then it is difficult to give advices.

If your B1 job would be functional, rather than technical, then your chances are better to switch to big ERP one day. In case you would go deep into B1 technical side (if there is such thing, it is microsoft, it works out of the box), such experience would be useless for big ERP.

Cheers Otto