Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

CCBA/CBAP vs SAP

former_member187534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I have almost 6 years of experience in SAP and Wrench - Project Management Tool. I am a functional consultant and have some experiences in various modules of SAP . Being said that, My question here is :-

My current profile is Business System Analyst.

What is the scope of an SAP consultant/analyst after ...say 10 years of experience? What are the various option I can choose? I believe one can opt to be an consultant or can move to management side .

or If I want to continue as Business Analyst what should be the approach . How to proceed further and be successful in SAP career. Should one go for certification Like:

Competency in Business Analysis ™ (CCBA®)

Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®)

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Preeti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti

I can't really comment about the certifications (in truth I have not heard of them as it's not my area). In general, specific certifications probably depend on your geographical location or the industry that you work in

People ask a lot about what next after 10 years. Sometimes the answer can be "another 10". Each year you learn more and your approach may change. Each year I look back on the work I did in the previous few and can see how I've learned more and improved. A solution I might have suggested 5 years ago would unlikely look like a solution I'd propose today for the same problems as things change.

You might also branch out into other modules or other components - still a functional consultant but change the breadth of your skills to be more diverse in future roles.

Moving into management jobs can happen when you promote in certain areas. Eventually, the salary puts you as a manager and you're too expensive to 'be on the tools'. It's a pity our industry works that way as not all people can be management or hands on people. They are different skills sets. If you do, however, choose to go into a management pathway then you might want to look at Project Management course (not necessarily SAP specific)

Hope all goes well in navigating your career pathway

Regards

Colleen

2 REPLIES 2

Colleen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti

I can't really comment about the certifications (in truth I have not heard of them as it's not my area). In general, specific certifications probably depend on your geographical location or the industry that you work in

People ask a lot about what next after 10 years. Sometimes the answer can be "another 10". Each year you learn more and your approach may change. Each year I look back on the work I did in the previous few and can see how I've learned more and improved. A solution I might have suggested 5 years ago would unlikely look like a solution I'd propose today for the same problems as things change.

You might also branch out into other modules or other components - still a functional consultant but change the breadth of your skills to be more diverse in future roles.

Moving into management jobs can happen when you promote in certain areas. Eventually, the salary puts you as a manager and you're too expensive to 'be on the tools'. It's a pity our industry works that way as not all people can be management or hands on people. They are different skills sets. If you do, however, choose to go into a management pathway then you might want to look at Project Management course (not necessarily SAP specific)

Hope all goes well in navigating your career pathway

Regards

Colleen

former_member187534
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your helpful reply.

Regards

Preeti