Career Corner Blog Posts
Blog posts are a great way for SAP, customers, and partners to share advice, insights into career trends, new opportunities, and personal success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
In July 2017, SAP and Concur's Prague offices welcomed more than 20 new faces into SAP’s Internship Experience Project (SAP iXp). One of these interns was Alexandr Pak, a UX/UI Design intern working on the Concur Mobile team.

Alexandr hails from Kazakhstan and moved to Czech Republic to get his bachelor degree at Czech University of Life Sciences. This fall, he’ll start a master’s degree in Systems Engineering and Informatics. Within the first month of his SAP iXp internship, he’s already started working on safety-related features for Concur’s mobile applications.

Meet Alexandr:

Q: How has your internship experience been thus far?

A: Everything has been great. From the beginning of my internship worked on a real projects and presented some of my designs and ideas to the team. I enjoy the office and the friendly environment here, as well as my weekly massage sessions. J

Q: How did you hear about Concur?

A: I attended a workshop with Concur employees at the university, where they have presented the company and the internship program.

Q: Why did you apply to be an intern at Concur?

A: I believe this internship is a great chance to get lots of new skills and knowledge which I can directly apply in a real working environment.

Q: What are your day-to-day projects at work like? What inspires you about the work you do?

A: My day-to-day projects mostly involve design, which I’m really passionate about. Being a student, it feels truly great to work on something as big as Concur mobile applications. What inspires me the most is that I have an opportunity to design safety-related features of the application, which means my designs are supposed to help people, and millions of users will see and work with what I’m going to create for them.

Q: What do you like to do outside of work?

A:  I enjoy studying and reading about design and I attend a summer design academy here in Prague. I love playing piano, making music on my iPad, writing poems, admiring nature’s beauty, drinking good tea and reading books. Aside from that I am a Master of Taekwondo! I like martial arts, swimming and fitness.