Career Corner Blog Posts
Blog posts are a great way for SAP, customers, and partners to share advice, insights into career trends, new opportunities, and personal success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos

Perhaps you've heard of Humans of New York (HONY), the five-year-old vibrant photograph-blog-turned-#1-New-York-Times-best-selling-book run by a man named Brandon that provides a worldwide audience with daily glimpses into the lives of the people in New York City. Inspired by HONY, we decided to do our own spinoff and call it Humans of SAPsv. Each week, through the end of December, we'll feature three employees complete with their picture, name, title, Twitter handle, and snippets of their passion for SAP, their commitment to their colleagues and community, and what inspires them both inside and outside of SAP.

If you're interested in the chance to be featured in Humans of SAPsv, please email Magen Mintchev. Enjoy learning more about your colleagues and share your comments below!

See the Humans of SAPsv Weekly Series on SAPsv Jam.

/profile/4akENetHkViZ2boKiaxyrS/documents/KFdiO2k8szDIO6WqzWDbXN/thumbnail?max_x=850&max_y=850/profile/4akENetHkViZ2boKiaxyrS/documents/GOirrm48eXoecnvn3w2jKx/thumbnail?max_x=850&max_y=850/profile/4akENetHkViZ2boKiaxyrS/documents/oqZ1LMqcLxFXfpmLNnu2ZK/thumbnail?max_x=850&max_y=850

Dwain Christensen
Director Of Workplace Strategies

@DHC95066

Mary Ruiz
COO, Strategic Customer
Business Unit

Al Albarran, Jr.
Sr. Planner
@Coach_Al_21

What are you passionate about at SAP?
Enabling the Global Facilities Management (GFM) team to do what they do in the simplest way possible, which ultimately helps our customers (who are all of SAP).

What’s your favorite thing about working at SAP?
The friendly atmosphere and the can-do attitude that people have.

What’s something not many people would know about you?
I was born on the day that Martin Luther King gave his famous “I Have A Dream” speech, August 28, 1963.

If you could go back in time, which year would you travel to and why?
1980, when Apple went public at $22 a share; I would have bought as many as I could.

In my current role, I work with SAP’s most innovative market-making and market-leading global customers and the SAP teams and our ecosystem who help them co-architect and deliver on their goals. What these companies do is so cool and fits well with my deepest core values! One company’s vision is to “feed the world”, another creates connected cars, still others find long-term sustainable energy sources, and some provide the very infrastructure that helps build cities and expand education equality. The list goes on. The opportunity to be passionate is endless!

“Sharing stories around the virtual camp fire.” Talking about our personal stories and how we bring all of who we are to help our customers fuel, feed, clothe, transport, govern, etc. the world. What an amazingly diverse but small family we really are as part of SAP!

If you could have one super power, what would it be?
The power to refract light–I don’t mean literally. What I mean by that is to help people show themselves just how amazing they are just by being themselves–embrace authenticity, believe in themselves and the goodness of others, spread light versus darkness, and have the courage every day to try something new. Refract on!

What’s one bucket list item?
Ice diving in Antarctica! Why Antarctica versus Lake Michigan? Why not? It’s the biggest desert in the world. No one country can claim ownership. Penguins rule. Researchers, well…research. People don’t flock here to buy a condo. Why ice diving? I’m a certified rescue diver and plan to get my ice diving certification. Why ‘ice’? I can listen to deafening silence like when I dive at 130’ and appreciate the purity of the water enveloping me while lots of ecosystem-critical microbials dance around me. Who wouldn’t want to experience that? For the record, my wife and kids have all said, “We’ll be here when you get back.”

I am passionate about flexible work hours and giving back through volunteering.

The people, diversity, and my team make work a great place. Plus, It’s always sunny in Palo Alto (not Philadelphia).

If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Flying would be the best super power ever. Just wake up and go visit family and friends and never worry about traffic!

What’s something not many people would know about you?
Poetry! I read and write poems. Some of my favorites are Shakespeare, Frost, and Thomas.