Beginner Corner Discussions
Reach out to instructors, professors, SAP experts or your peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corporate applicants to the digital skills initiative: Tell us your story!

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Note: Pre-existing SAP professionals within the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) will no longer be considered for this initiative. The share of free certifications distributed to professionals within the Middle East and North Africa has been high and the remaining certifications will be now be reserved for newcomers to the SAP ecosystem. 

Campaign code redemption requests from MENA will no longer be accepted.  Newcomers from MENA are asked to sign up as instructed below, then present their first name, last name, street address and national ID number along with their SAP Learning Journey completion to digitalskills@sap.com to receive their free certification attempt. Thank you for understanding.

Hi all,

The digital skills initiative is primarily aimed toward people generally considered to be "underrepresented" in the technology industry. The definition of "underrepresented" can vary from region to region, but as the name betrays it is generally groups of people not normally associated with tech jobs in your local area. The reasons behind can range from a lack of access to high level education due to living in a remote area to systemic inequality in a particular region. 

For those corporate applicants to the initiative who did make it into the tech industry: we want to hear a bit more about you! Share some inspiration for the newcomers to the SAP ecosystem and tell us why you belong to an underrepresented group in tech and how you made your way into the industry despite that.

We want to hear from you! Share your story as a reply to the discussion below, then send me a private message with your email address. If you are a digital skills initiative applicant who already completed a learning journey, I will send you your free certification attempt. 

Note: if you do not yet have a username in the SAP Community, see the demo at the bottom of this blog in order to participate.

99 REPLIES 99

KathrynK
Explorer

Hi @David_Chaviano and all on this platform 👋

I guess I could say the tech industry found me, as I always thought I'd be a doctor! 😁 Anyway, I started out as a graduate trainee in Software Services and from there I fell in love with solution development. When the company decided to implement SAP, they advertised for an ABAP developer and I applied despite knowing nothing about SAP at all. My managers were great, and they took a shot on me. I've been developing ABAP programs ever since! 😊

As for inspiration to African women like me, please shoot your shot! Do not discount yourself prematurely. You never know where your opportunity lies.

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @KathrynK ,

Cool background info and thanks for reaching out! Did you have developer skills before learning ABAP?

I will  reach out to you via direct message.

Regards,

David

Yes, I had some experience with Python and was also using PL/SQL and Oracle ApEx to develop simple database applications as part of my solution development journey.

former_member152544
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello

I am a qualified information systems engineer and has worked on SAP applications like BO, SAP FI, SAP SAC in the past but due to family and visa issues had to take an long break in my career and I am now trying to get back to working on SAP. This certification will provide me the opportunity to validate my skills and knowledge and hopefully help me to get a job .

hammad123
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano ,
Intriguingly, my journey began with a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering. Little did I know that a simple act of kindness during my final year would set the stage for a profound transformation in my career trajectory. A friend from the computer science department sought my assistance in developing his final year project, an Android application, and though it wasn't directly related to my field, I embraced the opportunity with open arms.

During that collaborative effort, I unexpectedly found myself delving into the world of Android development. It was a revelation – I discovered a latent talent for programming that had previously gone unnoticed. This newfound passion fueled my determination to acquire more domain knowledge, exploring the realms of programming, design thinking, and design analysis approaches.

Not long ago, I embarked on an exciting chapter as an SAP Technical Trainee in a dynamic software house. My current role serves as a learning ground where I eagerly delve into the intricacies of integration best practices, cloud integration, and API technologies, among other cutting-edge topics.

As fate would have it, I stumbled upon your enlightening post. A beacon of hope emerged – the chance to attain certification in the SAP Integration Suite and btp domain. Fueled by this aspiration, I immersed myself in the carefully crafted, awe-inspiring Learney Journeys curated by the SAP tech team.

Each day brings renewed inspiration as I explore the vast expanse of SAP technologies, witnessing their ingenious solutions and awe-inspiring transformation from traditional on-premise solutions to full-fledged cloud-based marvels. The amalgamation of sophisticated technological ingredients, paired with the mesmerizing design capabilities, leaves me in awe of what the future holds for SAP and its ever-evolving suite of solutions.

In conclusion, my journey from an electrical engineering graduate to an avid SAP enthusiast has been a fascinating adventure. I am brimming with anticipation as I continue to learn and grow, fueling my passion for technology and innovation with each passing day. With the support of invaluable resources like the SAP tech team's Learney Journeys, I am determined to make a mark in the world of SAP Integration and contribute to the transformative power of cutting-edge technology in the realm of cloud solutions.

VNasasira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I joined my Company as a software tester and my deliverables included Change management and managing some of the projects in my section and later I took on a roll of application support. In 2022, the department needed to implement succession cover for all the critical and I was lucky to be attached to SAP Project System through which I have learned about SAP PS and now  the main consultant has since moved on for greener pastures. This digital skill opportunity has come in time where I need to build confidence in my new SAP career as I learn and become one of the women certified SAP Consultants in Africa

Thank you for the voucher. I have passed my exam and I am now a certified SAP Consultant.

AshviniK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello  @David_Chaviano &  everyone who are passionate about SAP 😊

I am Ashvini Kulkarni, an SAP BPC planning consultant who recently relocated to the USA on a dependent visa (EAD) and currently looking for SAC Planning Job Profiles in the USA.
As we all know, Cloud is the new future and I would like to start my new beginning here in the USA as a SAC Consultant. I have worked on various international projects (India, Sweden, Australia) including BPC Classic, BPC Embedded, and BPC Optimized.
I am applying for the SAP Digital Skills Initiative because I believe it will open new career opportunities for me and help me reach new heights in my new Cloud journey. I am eager to learn from the experts at SAP and gain valuable skills and certifications that will enhance my resume and profile increasing my chances to get my dream job.

I am a deserving candidate for this program because I have prior BPC experience which will help me to learn and grow faster in the cloud world.

Here is my LinkedIn profile www.linkedin.com/in/ashvini-kulkarni2209 

Thank you 😊

0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano 

Hope you are doing well. I am looking for an update on my case. Completed a course on Leveraging SAP Analytics Cloud Functionality for Enterprise Planning a week ago. Sent relevant screenshots, Signed up email id and Digital Initiative registration related screenshots to Digital team as well. Anything else pending from my side do let me know. 

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

AshviniK

ganavardhan
Explorer
0 Kudos

i graduated in electronics department,initially i sufferd to get a job in sap field.then taken a course on sap and joined  as a consultant. i hope this free cetification will help me in improving my skill set.so,please help me with his

Thanks sap for support !!

gauri-deshpande
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I am from India, my name is Gauri Deshpande. I have always dreamt of becoming a SAP consultant. But I couldn't afford to as I was not able to bear the certification cost as we belong to the lower middle-class family. Saying that I always kept looking for SAP learning material and kept my learning on. I was not able to continue my job after marriage. I was on career break for 4 long years, I really struggled a lot to get job. I am post graduate in HR and I always wanted to blend my HR career with technology. It was hard for me to start from scratch, start basics, learning all over again. But I believe it is my passion and dream that kept me going to find job at least as 'Associate HR' where I can access SAP HR as an end user.  

Since I am postgraduate in HR, my HR basics are very strong. I always feel that I can could use this knowledge better way if I become SAP consultant. It will be perfect blend of core knowledge + technology.

I am part of the digital skills initiative and already completed - SAP learning journey - Exploring SAP SuccessFactors Solutions (currently undergoing Exploring the SAP SuccessFactors Platform)

Please consider my application for free SAP certification. Thank You !

Regards

Gauri

mtrujillo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear David
I would like to take the opportunity to join the Digital Skills Initiative to take on a new life challenge by changing careers in order to prepare myself for the exciting world of SAP technology. I hope I can count on your support.
Thank you.

Fabiha_Imtiaz
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear @David_Chaviano ,

My story starts in the bustling city of Karachi, where I embarked on my journey as a Civil Engineering student. After years of hard work and dedication, I proudly graduated, ready to conquer the world. Life took a turn when I got married and became a proud mother of two lovely children. Little did I know that a daunting challenge lay ahead.

The unforeseen arrival of the COVID-19 pandemic brought financial turmoil to our doorstep. The struggle was real, and it tested us in ways we could never have imagined. I faced countless obstacles, which, in this short comment, cannot be fully described. But amidst the darkest times, a spark of hope kept me going.

With the determination to rebuild my professional life, I began my quest for job opportunities. However, I soon realized that the gap in my career was becoming a hurdle, preventing me from continuing as a Civil Engineer or an Architect. Employers sought either experienced professionals or fresh graduates, leaving me in a predicament.

Fate, it seemed, had other plans. A friend introduced me to the world of digital marketing, but despite my efforts, it didn't click with me. Undeterred, I explored other options and found a glimmer of hope - a trainee opportunity related to SAP. Curiosity led me to study the technical aspects of SAP, and I found myself immersing in online tutorials, especially those by Sreedhar sir, to gain a basic background.

Eventually, an opportunity knocked on my door, and I joined a company as an SAP intern. The journey had begun, and I embraced it with enthusiasm. The goal was clear - to become a certified junior consultant within the six-month internship period. My engineering background proved advantageous, with past knowledge of programming fundamentals and object-oriented programming providing a solid foundation for my new endeavor.

Each day brought new challenges, but I faced them head-on, gaining a deeper understanding of BTP and SAP systems. As the internship approached its end, the prospect of achieving the position of a junior consultant beckoned me. The thought filled me with excitement and a renewed sense of purpose.

I knew the road ahead wouldn't be easy, but I believed in myself and my capabilities. The struggles I faced in the past had only strengthened my resolve to succeed. Each obstacle was a chance to learn and grow, shaping me into a better version of myself.

As I prepare to take on the SAP Certification, I am filled with hope and determination. I know that my journey has just begun, and there are endless possibilities waiting for me to explore. With each step forward, I move closer to my dreams, and I am eager to embrace whatever the future holds.

This story is a testament to the power of perseverance and resilience. It's proof that even in the face of adversity, we can find new paths, discover hidden talents, and build a brighter future for ourselves. I am grateful for the support of my loved ones, the guidance of friends, and the opportunity that came my way. I am ready to carve my destiny as an SAP professional and embark on this thrilling new chapter of my life.

0 Kudos

Hi @David_Chaviano ,i am from electronics background and i want to start my career in sap field. i would like to use this opportunity to enhance my carrer in sap . i am actively looking for this opportunity to start my carrer in sap.i done the steps as provided in the blog ,as i cant afford that much amount i am requesting you to  please provide this free certification attempt for me.

Thanks for the support

ak33
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I am Akhijit from India. After my graduation, I joined a digital supply chain company as a trainee, and there I was introduced to numerous techniques and modules that are used to improve the global supply chain field. I opted for SAP IBP as my core module as I felt IBP provides logical solutions to most of the problems that the business faces and also gives users the ability to plan and forecast the data using IBP forecasting models. Currently, I'm part of an AMS project for an international pharma company and my role is of junior SQL developer and IBP associate consultant. During the project, I was also introduced to the cloud integration tool CPI - DS that we use to integrate the data coming from ECC or S4/HANA and load it into IBP. SQL is used as a middleware where most of the filtering and logic changes happen. Being part of this project allowed me to interact with business users from across the world and those interactions made me believe that IBP is one of the most essential tools to tackle any business problems. 

I always wanted to get certified as this will allow me to expand my skill set. One more critical factor is that, in my region, there are not many companies that use IBP or are aware of it, by getting certified I can be the go-to person in my organization when it comes to introducing IBP to any of our supply chain partners. I also feel that this certification will give me global recognition that will allow me to find opportunities in the international market.

I come from a middle-class family and my father was in the Military due to which we were relocated to many places as part of my father's postings, I found it hard to pay the expenses for the certification. I had enquired about the certification and learning platforms from my company but since they don't have SAP learning Hub credentials they couldn't help me either.

I hope to get enrolled for this wonderful initiative by SAP and wish to fulfill my dreams.

Thanks

Akhijit

ginpaola
Discoverer

I am a Public Accountant. During my intership I had the chance to be involve in an SAP data warehousing project, it's was difficult for a non IT profesional woman, but somehow, I managed to learn SAP technology and upskill all necesary to support the project success. Afterwards, and after lots of struggling, I managed to join an SAP consultancy partner working as a SAP BPC intern, currently completed the SAP Business Planning and Consolidation Learning Journey and ready to take the certifition exam.

ioana07
Newcomer

Hi 

My first contact with SAP was last year. I use it for my job every day but I am limited (mainly due to specific training offered to cover only my area) in my learning journey and I am sure there is more to discover and learn. We will roll out soon S/4HANA and getting a certification will enable me to be ahead of the game and have a full grasp of what the Sourcing and Procurement module has to offer. I am excited and looking forward to get a certification and use that knowledge while interacting with the system.

I also was want to become a sustainable champion and I follow your journey and everything SAP is doing in regards to Responsible and Sustainable approach to doing business. Great initiative you just launched with your Top 100 Key Supplier to report and record, at product level, the scope 3 emissions. Will follow this up and watch your progress, interested to see the numbers and the actual impact. Indeed, the detail is in the data, and having visibility of that data, working with actuals and not estimations will enable us all to focus and action on specific areas.  My next journey will be to explore and understand the capabilities of the Sustainability Footprint Management. One battle at the time, we will turn this around and prove we can look after Earth responsibly. Future generations shouldn't worry that their time is limited. We all have the power to change the tide, collectively working towards it, there is a lot to gain in the long run.

Thank you very much for the opportunity, looking forward to my learning journey and gaining the certification!

Ioana

saeed_mohammed
Newcomer

Hi

I started my career as oracle developer after graduating in 2000, then I changed to SAP in 2014 as SAP MM consultant, in 2023 I started with SAP ARIBA.

Looking forward to be certified in SAP MM & ARIBA.

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

i want to start my career in sap field. i would like to use this opportunity to enhance my carrer in sap . i am actively looking for this opportunity to start my carrer in sap.i done the steps as provided in the blog and the learning content too ,as i cant afford that much amount i am requesting you to  please provide this free certification attempt for me.

Thanks in advance

japneet_singh
Newcomer

Upon completing my Computer Science Engineering degree, I faced a competitive job market. Despite my knowledge, landing a role proved challenging. Through online courses, I fortified my skills and soon landed an internship in SAP. That's where I discovered my passion for it. Now, I have my first job in SAP . It’s been an exciting journey, blending my skills into the SAP world. Realizing the importance of specialization, This free certification will upgrade my skills and keep me relevant in the SAP world. I'll specialize in SAP Commissions, becoming a valuable asset to any SAP consultancy team. With this knowledge, I can confidently tackle complex challenges and stay ahead in the ever-changing tech world.

former_member155287
Discoverer

I'm BE graduate in EEE .Initially,  I faced to get a job in competitive & challenging market . Henceforth, after the completion of my internship I decided to take course on SAP . Further, upon the completion of the course I landed up getting a job in SAP ABAP role as a consultant. But later, realizing the importance of certification, I want to get certified & enhance my knowledge on the specified course so that it will help in career in getting better opportunities. Hence, this free certification would be really helpful for me in growing my skills & in my career

Hi @David_Chaviano  ,

I am from Medical electronics background and i want to start my career in sap field. i would like to use this opportunity to enhance my carrer in sap . i am actively looking for this opportunity to start my carrer in sap.i done the steps as provided in the blog ,as i cant afford that much amount i am requesting you to  please provide this free certification attempt for me.

gana8
Newcomer

Dear @David_Chaviano ,

I would like to utilize the opportunity to join the Digital Skills Initiative to take on a new life challenge by changing careers in order to prepare myself for the exciting world of SAP technology. i will be waiting for this oportunity
Thank you.

rgonasani1
Explorer

Dear  @David_Chaviano ,

I'm Engineering graduate in Electric & Electronics. Interested in perceiving career in SAP Sales , Subscription charging & invoicing based SAP solutions in current Competitive & challenging market . Hence taken courses on SAP Sales Performance management and Convergent Charging areas through Open SAP , saphelp and SAP blogs. And have realized the importance of certification, I want to get certified & enhance my knowledge on the specified course so that it will help in career in getting better opportunities. It would be of great help provided free certification attemp for me in growing my skills & my career

Ahmad_Abdullah
Discoverer

I need to change my career path by getting a job in sap field, then I took a sap course and joined as a consultant. I hope this free certification will help me to improve my skill set.So please help me with this

ashutosh0709
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano,

I Ashutosh Kumar Jha, graduated in computer science department , initially i sufferd to get a job in sap field. Then taken a course on sap and joined  as a consultant. I hope this free cetification will help me in improving my skill set. so,please help me with this

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

I've recently started my professional journey so i find it financially challenging to invest heavily in certifications. Acquiring a free SAP certification would not only enable me to enhance my expertise but also significantly bolster my qualifications for prospective roles within SAP-centric companies, thus opening up avenues for career growth. Please consider me for the free certification.

Thank you 

Manjushree k

Hello @David_Chaviano

I Aashish Garg, did my graduation in computer science and post graduation in PGDBA Finance. In past i worked in FS-CD, and FI-CA modules. But now I want to perform certification in the SAP BRIM area. This free certification will help me get exposure to the BRIM area. Please help me to get this free certification.

Thanks sap for your support !!

jaideepsharma
Active Contributor

Hi @David_Chaviano,

I am Jaideep Sharma, working as an SAP BTP/ABAP/Full Stack developer. I completed my graduation in Information Technology. I am looking for getting certified in SAP Integration suite extension/SAP BTP Extension Developer.  This free certification will help me to enhance my skills in SAP BTP area. It would be really helpful to get this free certification. 

Thanks,
Jaideep

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

Being a beginner in SAP industry companies are asking for SAP certificate during our provision period (In order to become permanent member).  I have taken a course on SAP Learning which helped me with my professional opportunity. I hope this free certification will allow me to get permanent job in my company also it will embrace my skill set. Therefore, i am requesting you to please help me to get this free certification.

Thank you so much for the support!!

aks0199
Newcomer

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

I have completed my B.Tech in computer science and was fortunate enough to land a job as a SAP Consultant in a big city. Being a girl from a small village I’m struggling financially while also facing challenges to get work in a project based on my skillset,  this certification would help me greatly to further my career in the SAP Industry.

Thanks.

sivakumar_t
Discoverer

Hi @David_Chaviano,

I am Sivakumar T, working as an ABAP developer. I completed my SAP Learning in S4HANA. I am looking for getting certified in BW4HANA.  This free certification will help me to enhance my skills in SAP BW4HANA area. It would be really helpful to get this free certification. Many Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Sivakumar T

Hi @David_Chaviano 

Graduated in Computer Science Department, initially i suffered to get a job in sap field. Then taken a course on sap and joined as a consultant. i hope this free certification will help me in improving my skill set. so, please help me with this.

jag9
Newcomer

Hi @David_Chaviano ,

I took a sap course and joined as a consultant. I hope this free certification will help me to improve my skill set.So please help me with this

Thanks & Regards

Hello @David_Chaviano ,

As a fresher I have always dreamt of becoming an SAP consultant but due to family issues i was not able to afford the cost of certification, as a woman in this industry I think this certification would help to boost my career to next level. so, I would like to use this opportunity to enhance my career in sap .and I hope to get enrolled for this wonderful initiative by SAP and wish to fulfill my dreams.

Thanks.

satyam_pandey
Explorer

I'm B.tech graduate in ECE .Initially,  I faced to get a job in competitive & challenging market . Henceforth, after the completion of my internship I decided to take course on SAP . But later, realizing the importance of certification, I want to get certified & enhance my knowledge on the specified course so that it will help in career in getting better opportunities. Hence, this free certification would be really helpful for me in growing my skills & in my career.

I'm B.tech graduate in EEE .Initially,  I faced to get a job in competitive & challenging market . Henceforth, after the completion of my internship I decided to take course on SAP . But later, realizing the importance of certification, I want to get certified & enhance my knowledge on the specified course so that it will help in career in getting better opportunities. Hence, this free certification would be really helpful for me in growing my skills & in my career.

Thanks, sap, for support!

Hii @David_Chaviano 

I am writing to express my keen interest in obtaining a free SAP certification. As a recent graduate with a Bachelor's degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering, I am enthusiastic about the potential to combine my technical skills and educational background with SAP expertise. This certification would undoubtedly help my qualifications for a career in the SAP domain, and I am excited to take this step towards enhancing my professional opportunities. Please consider me for free certification.

Thanks and regards

Manjushree k Gowda

Feel free to personalize the sentence further with any specific details or additional information that might be relevant to your application.

Hello @David_Chaviano 

My name is Vishal and I am from India. My journey began with a bachelor's in computer application I've always wanted to be an SAP Consultant but did not realize the importance of certification but now I have the skills but not the certification so I would like to pursue this opportunity to enhance my knowledge. I have knowledge of ABAP and I'll be adopting ABAP on HANA certificate. I am sure the certification will help me upgrade my professional career and my skills. 

Best Regards

Vishal Dandriyal

j_ps636
Newcomer

Dear David , 
I would like to take the opportunity to join the Digital Skills Initiative to take on a new life challenge by starting my career in exciting world of SAP technology. I hope you grant me this free certification . 
Thank you.