Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using functions in Open SQL

oppenheim_jm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ABAP experts,

What is the issue here? How do I use Open SQL functions without this error?
Message 249 ( is invalid here (due to grammar).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

LENGTH( ... ) is only supported since ABAP 7.50

Anything not supported can probably be done with Native SQL (SQL sent directly to the database, by using e.g. ADBC, deprecated EXEC SQL, etc.) but of course .

You can also try workarounds. I don't know your exact context, maybe you can replace LENGTH( ZZZ ) = 1 with ZZZ LIKE '_' (first character = any character an rest of characters = blank)

4 REPLIES 4

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

oppenheim_jm
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks sandra.rossi , are there any functions we can use below 7.5?

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, asking for complements, adding details, replying to a comment or a proposed solution or to the OP question, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Anything not supported can probably be done with Native SQL (SQL sent directly to the database, by using e.g. ADBC, deprecated EXEC SQL, etc.) but of course .

You can also try workarounds. I don't know your exact context, maybe you can replace LENGTH( ZZZ ) = 1 with ZZZ LIKE '_' (first character = any character an rest of characters = blank)