Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing 3 sub modules in SAP HR. Shall I have to create a single package for all the transports in this project or shall I have to create 3 packages for each sub module. What is the best practice?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

Packages are nothing but logical grouping of objects, so it is always up to you which approach you choose. If you logically spilted them by submodules you can use only three. The most important thing is to recognize what kind of objects can reside the package when you revert it back later in the future. Setting up more packages should not create a confusion but can be hard to maintain. Here, however, you can easily go for three separated ones as the number is low. Pinaki's idea sounds also good.

Regards

Marcin

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

I think it is better to create 3 packages for each sub module and then

put those packages into another package .

This will give you the flexibility of using different sub modules according to

your requirement.

Regards

Pinaki

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

Packages are nothing but logical grouping of objects, so it is always up to you which approach you choose. If you logically spilted them by submodules you can use only three. The most important thing is to recognize what kind of objects can reside the package when you revert it back later in the future. Setting up more packages should not create a confusion but can be hard to maintain. Here, however, you can easily go for three separated ones as the number is low. Pinaki's idea sounds also good.

Regards

Marcin