Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Row in ALV Grid Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ALV Display I want to have a <u>BLANK row</u> everytime the value of 'Cross Company Code Document Number' (BVORG) changes.

Is there a way to use the Sort Option of "REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY" to do this? Or is the only possible way is by modifying the ITAB that is being passed for display?

If ITAB is the only method to do it then how should I go about making this happen?

Thanks-

Rohit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think for your requirement you need to use REUSE_ALV_HIERSEQ_LIST_DISPLAY

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can append blank row using logic and not in ALV ..

Just keep the logic within loop,just use append statement.

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For every new value of BVORG field insert/append a blank row into the internal table

and then develop the i_SORT internal table with the field BVORG and see the output

since the data is sorted the first line will be blank for every new value of BVORG field.

Regards

Anji

0 Kudos

Thanks Guys....

I got the blank lines created using Index etc. this was done with BVORG in Ascending Order.

But for Display I have been asked to sort in asc. order based on some other column. Which ofcourse will now grab the blank rows together and put them at the very top of the ALV.

Is there a work around ?

0 Kudos

if you do again sort then blank rows will come top,so make sure that should not do sort after inserting blank rows.

please sort it before inserting blank row .

sort itab by fields..

loop at itab.

endloop.

do not sort here.

Thanks

Seshu

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think for your requirement you need to use REUSE_ALV_HIERSEQ_LIST_DISPLAY