cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defaults - User Group Overwriting Existing Assignment

0 Kudos

We are looking to use the "User Defaults" capability of GRC.  Mainly to auto-assign parameters / user groups to end users as they submit requests.  Currently in Production, we have user control coordinators who submit the GRC requests for end-users directly.  These UCCs have knowledge of our user-groups and can assign them manually per the user they are creating.  But going forward, we want the user-group to auto-assign based on the template selected.  This way, the end users can submit the GRC tickets on their own and do not have to decide on a user group. 

I have maintained the user defaults in SPRO and setup the proper BRF+ rule.  User group and parameters are getting assigned appropriately in our test environment.  However, I am noticing for existing users, their previous user group is getting overwritten by the new user default user group.  This will not work for our needs as the existing user group should remain and not be affected by the defaults.  Ideally, only new users would be given the user default user group and all existing users would retain their existing user group.  Is there a spro setting or parameter I can set to accomplish this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  ,

Did you manage to resolve this issue ?

We are experiencing the same problem at the moment , but im unable to find a solution as yet .

Thanks,
AJ

0 Kudos

AJ,

Yes, and no.  We resolved our business requirement, but we did not find a way to only apply a user default to an ID that is truly "New" vs "Change".  Zoltan's suggestion above does prove the Standard Design will fix our issue.  However, our end-users never know if they should select "New" vs "Change" when submitting a request.  We have 9 systems connected to GRC so I wouldn't expect the end-users to know the answer to this anyway.

Our business requirement was focused on a subset of the user base.  For users rolling up to the Information Technology organization unit, we absolutely could not overwrite their existing user group assigned in the downstream systems (ECC, SRM, BIW etc...).  Our operations team utilizes this information heavily during audit season.  For all users out side of the IT org, they could care less what user group they receive.  So we ended up writing a BRF+ rule that relies on the Org Unit flowing in from LDAP dictating if a user is IT or not.  If they are IT, they go down a specific path where a subsequent processor maintains the user group manually on the request (maybe 4-5 requests/month).  For all other users, they will obtain the user default user group maintained at a standard level in GRC.

If you would like to see more detail on how we setup the BRF+ rule, let me know.

Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tony,

You may check SPRO > GRC > AC > User Provisioning > Define Request Type. Review which of your request types have the 'User Defaults' action associated. For your requirement 'User Defaults' action should be added to new account request type, but not to change account. Also you can create corresponding request templates for end users in NWBC under 'Template Management'.

Best Regards,

Zoltan