cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gui 7.20 PLevel 3, ALV Problems with German Umlauts u00FCu00F6u00E4...

MichiFr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have updated our SAP Gui to version 7.20 lately and have some serious problems now with entering German Umlauts 'üöäÜÖÄß' into any editable ALV grid.

This means when typing in e.g. 'ü', the grid immediately removes this character and replaces it by, well, by nothing. It just ignores this character at all.

SAP Gui is currently at patch level 3 . The correct version is 7200.1.3.3190, build 1196830. Running German Windows XP clients with service pack 3. ERP is running SAP ECC 6.0.

Is this a known problem? Has sbdy. a workaround this?

Edit: Just found the release notes for SAP Gui 7.20 Lvl 3:

2010/09/02 Texts get garbled while typing umlaut character in ALVGrid, Note 1503081

This note, however, is not open for public view. OTH this means SAP was aware of this problem and tried to correct it to no avail so far.

Thanks,

Michael

Edited by: Michael Fritz on Nov 19, 2010 11:19 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

the upcoming Patch 4 solves this issue.

Regards,

Martin

MichiFr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

where did you get this info? Any official SAP note available? Do you encounter similar problems?

We, too, noticed that uploading and downloading files from directories with German Umlauts, this fails now,too. There may be problems with files, too, however, we did not check this so far. The previous SAP Gui, I guess it was 7.10, didn't have any problems with this.

I start wondering if SAP Germany have ever tested this? Or do they not use Umlauts anyway

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

see note 1523831.

Regards,

Martin

MichiFr
Participant
0 Kudos

Although not really solved for us, I awarded points to close this thread, thanks Martin!

Answers (0)