Additional Blogs by SAP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anik_roy
Active Participant

I would like to share with you an interesting new functionality that's coming with CRM 7.0 EhP1... 

Marketing Funds Management improves budget control and spend visibility by leveraging all funds management functionalities in the marketing scenario.  It enables the establishment of marketing budgets and the direct tracking of funds consumed from campaigns, and related ERP purchase commitments and settlements, by integrating the existing CRM applications -- Campaign Management and Funds Management.

Marketing Funds Management is a cross-functional process involving finance, marketing and procurement functions. Here are the basic functionalities:

• Budgeting allows the multi-dimensional set up of funds by Marketing organization, Marketing plan and/or Product/Product category. It also enables budget transfers to support ad-hoc activities and quick reaction to market changes.
  • Campaign Planning allows the assignment of funds to a campaign and the reservation of money according to planned campaign costs. It also supports seamless purchasing integration with ERP.
  • Accruals & Consumptions are tracked in the fund checkbook allowing visibility into any cost overruns; Accruals can be calculated in CRM and posted to CRM and ERP. Purchasing commitments and settlements created in ERP are uploaded to CRM and tracked against the previously reserved campaign budget.
  • Analytics are critical for brand managers and marketers to evaluate the performance of their marketing activities, track the status of their budget/spends and tie insight to action. Funds Analytics provide an aggregated view of funds in various contexts to provide visibility and enable marketers to quickly react and manage their budgets.

Here's an overview of the end-to-end process:

Some key benefits include the ability to:

• Track budgets closely and quickly shift money to support joint marketing initiatives, ad-hoc activities or to react to market changes.
  • Increase spend visibility and Marketers' accountability to better control costs incurred by campaigns. 

The process can be broken down into three main areas as follows:

I created a VIDEO to demonstrate the main functionalities of Marketing Funds Management in the areas of Budgeting and Campaign Planning.

The video highlights the following:

1. Overview of marketing budgets set up through funds and budget transfer capabilities.
  2. Funds consumption from campaigns -- reservations, commitments and settlements tracked through fund usages.
  3. Creation of a campaign enabled for funds management integration -- showing the new user interface elements, association of funds at different levels, cost planning and campaign status driven fund postings.
20 Comments
former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Anik,

Thanks for sharing the valuable information on MDF. Could you let me know when would this be available as GA?

Rg,
Harshit
anik_roy
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Dear Harshit,

Please note - Marketing Funds Management is different than MDF, which is usually used in the context of plannign initiatives with channel partners... MFM leverages the same Funds Management functionalities, but in the context of planning marketing campaigns and it will be in GA with EhP1 in 2011.
former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Anik,

It's a typo error from my side:(
Ehp1 is something which everyone is waiting for, no idea when it will be in GA!

Regards,
Harshit
former_member183993
Participant
0 Kudos
hi Anik,
Thanks so much for this.  I was wondering if you had a configuration guide for MFM. 

Thank you kindly,
Chris
anik_roy
Active Participant
0 Kudos
We have RKT materials that detail all the customizing steps required - this is available in the SAP Service Marketplace.

Regards,
Anik
anik_roy
Active Participant
0 Kudos
In case you did not know - CRM 7.0 EhP1 is now available.
Anik
former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Anik for the Information.

Regards,
Harshit Kumar
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello Anik,

Notice that the configuration guide is no longer available in RKT. Appreciate if you can point me to the location where it is now  available.

Mohan
anik_roy
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Dear Mohan,

The RKT Materials are available in the SAP Service Marketplace for SAP EHP1 for SAP CRM 7.0:
https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000723886& -> Marketing -> Marketing Resource Management

and the following is available:
1-     Marketing Funds Management in SAP EHP1 for SAP CRM 7.0 - Overview & Customizing (PDF)
2-     Marketing Funds Management - Budgeting  Simulation (HTM/SWF)
3-     Marketing Funds Management - Campaign Planning Execution  Simulation (HTM/SWF)

Warm Regards,
Anik
0 Kudos

Do you have the video linked to ab SCN space?

Regards

Warren Nash

anik_roy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can get to it here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-5431, but the link above also works.

Let me know if you face any issues or have any questions.

Anik

0 Kudos

Strange when I click on the button it takes me to SDN and the document is not found.

Regards

Warren Nash

anik_roy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It works for me... were you logged in?

0 Kudos

I am not sure why but some SDN links revert to SCN and some just don't.  I have found a lot of CRM links do not revert to the new SCN spaces / blogs.  Also being inside the SAP network you might have the available access too.

Regards

Warren Nash

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Warren,

I verified that SAP CRM 7.0 EhP1 - Marketing Funds Management is accessible and working so it might be a local issue.

Meanwhile, if there are other links that are broken or not working, please create a new discussion in SCN Support so we can better respond to the any issues.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos

Well then it must be a local "China" issue as it must be possibly pointing to a youtube video then.

Thanks and what a big pity.

Regards

Warren Nash

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You're in China...I know all about that first hand.  It's not on YouTube but on another SCN domain that is sometimes blocked in China.  Can I contact you offline to assist?

0 Kudos

Sure, check my profile for contact details.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi All,

Any one has any idea how to send back pre-reserve or reserve budget to respective fund?

Regards,
Anoop Mohite
0 Kudos
Hi Anik ,

We are using SAP CRM Ehp 4

We have a scenario of Standalone SAP CRM and we need to maintain Budget and distribute Cost to the various Campaign .

We have Marketing Plan where we need to maintain Budget and Campaign where Assignment block for Campaign Cost are maintained .

We are implementing only operative part of Marketing as Marketing Plan and Campaign by various channels like Email , SMS and Call List .

We don't have BW - Business Planning and Simulation nor have ECC . There is no Trade Fund Management as well .

How will we achieve this functionality ???