Modern applications need to provide instant business value to their customers. Therefore, application programming models need to provide new qualities: efficient and high-quality development, mobile and desktop availability, flexible adaptation, integration into existing landscapes as well as flexible deployment options in the cloud and on-premise. This is exactly where the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP) comes into play.
In the course "Building Apps with the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model", you will see how RAP helps developers to efficiently build enterprise SAP Fiori apps and services on SAP Cloud Platform ABAP environment and SAP S/4HANA.
Based on detailed hands-on exercises, you’ll learn how RAP combines and orchestrates proven SAP technologies like Core Data Services (CDS) and OData with new concepts, guidelines, and tools to offer a new programming model for ABAP development, regardless of whether you want to start from scratch or reuse existing business logic.
SAP HELP PORTAL DOCUMENTATION
- Documentation for SAP Cloud Platform ABAP environment | Release Notes
- Documentation for SAP S/4HANA | Release Notes
The information will be made available in the sections below at the beginning of the relevant week during the live course period.
WEEK 1: INTRODUCTION - ABAP RESTful APPLICATION PROGRAMMING MODEL
- RAP Overview - SAP TechEd 2019 Replays
- Getting Started with ABAP for SAP HANA
- Getting Started with ABAP Core Data Services (CDS)
- SAP Cloud Platform ABAP environment: SAP Discovery Center | Product Expert Page
- SAP Cloud Platform Trial
- ABAP Development Tools (ADT) for Eclipse: Official Documentation | ADT Update Site | Useful ADT Shortcuts
- SAP Fiori Design Guidelines
- Introduction to SAP Fiori element: Video | Documentation
- openSAP course "SAP Fiori Overview: Design, Develop and Deploy"
Week 1 Unit 5-6: For the hands-on exercises, open this GitHub repository (/week1) and follow the instructions in the README file.
WEEK 2: DEVELOPING A READ-ONLY LIST REPORT APP
The information for week 2 will be made available in a timely manner.
WEEK 3: ENABLING THE TRANSACTIONAL BEHAVIOR OF AN APP
The information for week 3 will be made available in a timely manner.
WEEK 4: DEALING WITH EXISTING CODE
The information for week 4 will be made available in a timely manner.
WEEK 5: SERVICE CONSUMPTION AND WEB APIs
The information for week 5 will be made available in a timely manner.
WEEK 6: FINAL EXAM
The information for week 6 will be made available in a timely manner.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Find the answers to the most frequently asked questions around the topics below.