Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @KatherineKenneally gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,380 REPLIES 5,380

Hoşgeldin @ozturkozan 🙂 We are happy to see you in our group. @KatherineKenneally 

Thanks Barış 🙂

JoeFischer
Associate
Associate

Hello everyone,
I am from Heidelberg, Germany and work @ SAP Headquarters in Walldorf!
Great to be here.

mezeshan
Participant

Hi i am zeshan

cbrito56
Explorer

Hi Everyone, I'm from Sacramento California 

Nigel_James
Active Contributor

G'day, I'm Nigel.

I am an Enterprise Software Developer. I have been on the SAP Community for 20 years. 

That means I build or modify software for enterprises to help them run their business more efficiently.

To do this I have used platforms like SAP and Salesforce but have also build my own systems from scratch using open source tools like the Laravel Framework which is build on PHP, which is itself a great business layer language.

You will find me on Github, Gitlab, Twitter, Stack Overflow and probably a few other places too.

I also am a keen photographer and musician.

G'day Nigel @Nigel_James !
You're a community veteran then! Your photos are great. (I also love photography and music). We've had a few photography competitions over in the Coffee Corner - you could join or subscribe to that group if you haven't done so already, and get notified of future discussions and competitions. (We have had the Coffee with a View competition back in July).

I see you're already a member over in the Devtoberfest group. Hope you enjoy the challenges there! It's great to have your level of expertise here in the community. (I'm with SAP 17 years, but just moved to the community team early 2022).

----- Check out our two hot topics in SAP Community today! Devtoberfest and SAP TechEd -----

Ashwini_singh
Advisor
Advisor

Hello All,

I am Ashwini, currently living in Melbourne , Australia.

Welcome @Ashwini_singh - have you already clicked on "Join" over in the Melbourne group@pjcools is posting local information and events there! Let us know which SAP topics you're most interested in?

----- Check out our two hot topics in SAP Community today! Devtoberfest and SAP TechEd -----

shusei
Associate
Associate

Hi 👋🏽 
I'm from Tokyo, Japan.

Hi there @shusei - have you already joined the Tokyo group? You can also take a look at any of our open groups and see which are of interest to you. Don't forget to click on "Join" in those groups!

winther29
Explorer

Tuning in from Oslo, Norway!

Hey @winther29 - you're from a beautiful country, I've visited before. I'm from Galway, Ireland and part of the community team. Which SAP topics are you most interested in?

Hi, Katherine! Glad to hear you liked it. I have not visited Ireland yet, but it's definitely on the bucket list. Mainly just SAP Marketing Cloud (Automated campaigns, segmentation and email marketing). I guess a bit of CRM also @KatherineKenneally 

Manoj_CM
Explorer

Hi, I'm Manoj from India working on SAP Analytics. 

Hi @Manoj_CM - have you already visited the India location groups? Please feel free to click on "Join" in any of our open groups - to become a member and receive notifications.

andreabarthel
Advisor
Advisor

Hi I`m Andrea located in Brazil and will write blogs for SAP products as well.

Hi @andreabarthel if you live close to Sao Paulo, or even in the city, this location group might be interesting for you: Sao Paulo Group  - idea of these location groups is to connect local people. Check it out!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

daniel_moayanda
Explorer

Hi community members, I'm Daniel Moayanda from Nigeria... Although currently in LA for a conference. 

Sounds you are interested in conferences @daniel_moayanda 
We have some event highlights coming up in SAP Community:

DevtoberfestJoin the Devtoberfest Group! 
SAP TechEdJoin the SAP TechEd Group! 
"watch-and-code" parties

Maybe you have the chance to join one of these, Devtoberfest and SAP TechEd are also virtual offerings.

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

Jecky
Associate
Associate

Hello All,
I am from Slovakia.
I'm really looking forward to great topics, blog posts, etc.

You're in the right place @Jecky 😊 - will you write blog posts as well?

Hello @KatherineKenneally ,
yes, definitely I will 🙂

Sounds good @Jecky - let me know when you've written your next one.

Ruthiel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello! 
I'm from Portugal, Lisbon!

Nice to e-meet you @Ruthiel ! I'm part of the community team and based in Galway, Ireland!

ritesh_9898
Explorer

Hi Everyone,

This is Ritesh Parikh from New Jersey , USA.

Welcome @ritesh_9898 - we have some location groups for the US, not for New Jersey, but you might want to look at the New York or Newtown Square groups? I'd like to introduce you to my colleagues @StephanieMarley and @staceyfish also!

Which SAP topics are you most interested in?

@ritesh_9898 it is so great to meet you! I work out of the SAP NSQ office (outside of Philadelphia.) I'm not sure how far you are away! Please join the NSQ Group! We have Stammtisches to bring all of us together! Newtown Square - SAP Community Groups

Please meet @former_member8777 who is a SAP Champion -- he lives in NYC!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

jonika
Employee
Employee

Hi, I am Jonika and based in Seattle, WA. I will be writing blogs for the Concur Extensibility Community.

masanori
Advisor
Advisor

Hi! I'm Masanori from Japan.

Welcome @masanori - did you already know that we have a Tokyo group? There you could connect with others from Japan. Click on "Join" to become a member and get notifications. Feel free to join any of our open groups that you are interested in.

Lemagnifik
Participant

Bonjour ,

je m'appelle Joelle BOUGUEM , je suis camerounais et je réside au Gabon dans la ville de Libreville ,

au plaisir de partager des expériences enrichissantes avec vous .

@Lemagnifik 
Welcome Joelle! Do you also speak English? We have some location groups, but not many for Africa as of yet. You can read more about location groups, if interested. There is also a Paris group - in case you wanted to converse in French with others. Feel free to click on "Join" in any of our open groups! Hope you enjoy your time in SAP Community!

NIZAR_KHELIFI
Explorer

Hi,

I am from tunisia

Ferit_Hayrulov
Advisor
Advisor

Hi, I am Ferit Hayrulov from Work Zone Product Management team and will be writing blog posts related to SAP Build Work Zone.

@Ferit_Hayrulov you work with a great product. I look forward to reading your blogs. Please check out the Location Groups | SAP Community too! 

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

joshlang412
Advisor
Advisor

pittsburgh

@joshlang412  it is great to meet you. May I ask your area of focus? Also, Location Groups | SAP Community is a great way to stay connected with local SAP peeps. I am in NSQ so part of that Group. Many community members are setting up Groups in their 'local' community too.

Ana_dos_Santos
Advisor
Advisor

Hi, I am Ana from SAP in Germany.