cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why FI-Extraction don't have setup tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

why FI-Extraction don't have setup tables?is there any reason for that?

anybody clarify me i am in confused.

Thanks

narasimha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Narasimha,

Only LO cockpit extractor (earlier LIS) extractor have concept of Set up table,

This is how SAP designed it.

FI will read data from directly source table and no concept of set up fill and delete.

Also delta will be little bit delayed and we wont have control on it.

I am not agree that FI has less data, whereas I found more number of document you will find in FI than any other module.

The new GL functionality used in FI extractor (new) is generally refers FAGLFLEXA/T tables in addition to Basic BSEG BKPF tables.

Thank-You.

Regards,

VB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narsimha,

Does your query got clarified? If Yes please close the thread.

Regards,

Ganesh

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you made simple search on Setup tables, you may get lot of discussed threads.

please check the below one.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1668377

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

check http://scn.sap.com/thread/885278

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

thank you for your response.

I know the concept of setup tables in LO.But i am confused about FI.

Thanks

Narasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

This is how it is designed by SAP. Let me try to explain this.

If we use Setup table concept overhead for a system is high, while if we read directly from table while extraction will less hamper to system.

In terms of documents posted for FI are much less in terms of data required for reporting as compared to Logistics where usually transaction intense and up to date information is usually required.

Also the backend tables for the same are used highly to update transactions and hence the R/3 model for the same is built for transaction processing ( as it should usually be )

Typical examples would be that Logistics information - be it open POs . Sales orders etc are required for day to day operational reporting and hence change volume of data is to be very high...

To avoid a situation where BW constantly reads data from R/3 for extraction when R/3 is trying its level best to update information about new transactions - the LO cockpit serves this purpose by allowing extractors to run from the setup tables instead of the main tables themselves...

Whereas for FI even if the data is refreshed nightly ( except during period closing etc ) it would largely suffice the requirements for reporting off the same.

So to avoid load in a system no Setup table concept is there for FI while to avoid conflict and issues due to same for Logistics are we have a setup table

I guess this clarifies your doubt.

Regards

Ganesh