cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro Mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to send mail from webdynro. How to do this. I tried using java mail api. I included mail.jar and activation.jar in WebproProject and tried to send mail but it failed.Is there any other way of sending mail from webdynpro?.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaudevan

Are you trying to use the corporate mail server to send mails . If so do you get the error message , 'Mail relaying not allowed'

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

As you said i am getting relaying exception while trying to send mail by connecing to exchange server.

Regards

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu

Which means your code works fine , but a security feature within the mail server stops you from using it to send mails.

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.I am getting exception because of this.

Regards

Vasu

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

I also faced the same problem. I will describe what problem for you so that you also see if you are having the same problems.

In some mail servers there is security feature which enables them to accept the relay requests only from the specific IP's. These IP's they mention it in the Non Authentication List of the server. What we had to do was that we had to get our machine's IP included in that list.

Then the mail server was able to relay the mails coming from the J2EE server also.

You can get in touch with the Mail Adm guys and find out the config of your mail servers.

Regards

Sidharth

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudevan,

I have just implemented this functionality if you send me your id i can mail you the project.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is my mail id

Vasudevan_Gopalan@satyam.com

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudevan,

you can for example use a Web Service. Have a look at the email tutorial and at http://www.xmethods.com/ for concrete Web Services.

Regards

Helmut