cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Page Composer - Web Pages Viewed By Non-Admins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently on SPS13 (not SPS12 ramp-up)...

I am having trouble with getting the pages and/or their content viewable during runtime for non Admin users.

I have followed the steps - as far as I can tell - for performing the intial permissions and for assigning permissions to Everyone as end users for all folders.

What end users <i>do</i> see is the blank page with the links at the top (feedback, print, favorites, etc). But nothing else; i.e, no containers. (And the pages are published - else not even the SuperAdmins would see them.)

Has anyone else done this yet?

Regards!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay! It just took looking through SAP Notes to find the answer.

SAP Note 1079797 says:

<i>Area: Documentation

In the Web Page Composer documentation, under Carrying Out the Initial Configuration -> Defining Permissions in the Portal Content Studio -> Defining Permissions for Security Zones, it is stated that you should navigate to Security Zones -> com.sap.nw.wpc -> pagebuilder. This path is obsolete. The correct path is Security Zones -> com.sap.nw.wpc -> wpc.</i>

By modifying the correct security zone area, all problems were solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And your Web Pages are displayed correctly in preview mode?

I am having trouble with Web Pages when they should be viewed by anonymous users.

Are you sure you have set the permissions the right way? You are talking about folder permissios...but you can also set permissions for the Websites. You can find these settings in the details page of each site.

Maybe you have forgotten this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but no. I have set the Everyone group to have Read permissions on every single object under the wpccontent folder.

Can your non-admin users see page content?

I am sure I have missed something - just can't figure out what it is...obviously.