cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL picks up wrong work item after escalation step

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a copy of the standard ECC6 Leave Request workflow.

I have added an escalation step to the task "Manager Approval - TS12300097".

I want the initiator to be sent a mail if the appprover has not actioned the request after 24 hours.

I set up a "Latest End" step with the action = "modeled". I called the outcome "Approval Deadline Reached".

In this new branch I inserted a mail step and send a mail to the initiator.

The escalation works fine but when the approver does get around to actioning the request and selects the entry from his UWL he gets the error that he cannot process the step as it is already completed. Further inverstigation revelaed that the UWL is now picking up the Work Item number of the e-mail escalation that was semt to the employee and not picking up the original approval step work item.

So in SWI1 I have the following entries after the Latest End has been reached:

19900195 Background step Approval Deadline Reached

19900194 Dialog step Leave Request From Employee1

19900193 (Sub)workflow ESS Leave Request

When the approver selects the entry in his UWL the workflow tries to process ID 19900195 instead of 19900194.

After he has selected the work item, entered any text and pressed the Review button, on the final screen where he presses the Reject or Approve Request he gets the error "Work item 000001900195 cannot be executed in status COMPLETED".

It's almost as if it just gets the last Work Item ID for the workflow and tries to process it.

Can anyone help me get to the bottom of this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

OK, After raising a SAP message we were informed that the developer had assigned our customer number to the note 1066288. I was then able to use SNOTE to import the note and it fixed the problem. I guess the note is still in development and that is why it has not yet been released for general viewing.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help and advise.

I will raise a SAP message and update this thread with the results.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the heads up.

All I can find is this note:

995964 ESS LEA: Leave Work Item will remain in Approver's UWL

But I don't think it is related. Is this the note you were talking of ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it was note 1066288.

I don't really understand always the search functionality in OSS. For example in this note there is the same phrase as in your error message, but if you try to search notes with the error message, you don't find this note...

Regards,

Karri

EDIT: Just wanted to mention that the problem is not in UWL. It is in the leave request application itself.

Edited by: Karri Kemppi on Jul 29, 2008 3:25 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

Even if I try to display the note directly I get the message:

An SAP note with the number requested could not be found.

How did you display the note ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

They had mentioned the note in customer message. I can still display it in a normal way. It might be that at that time the note was in some sort of "pilot phase". I think that they can "release" some notes directly to certain clients, so that they are not available for everyone. Maybe it is the case with this note also?

If I was you, I would create a customer message and tell them exactly the same stuff as we have discussed here. This is certainly a bug in the system. You will not get any further help here - the only way to get it working is to remove the mail sending step, or implement the note. I recommend the last mentioned approach.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

This is a bug in the leave request WF processor class. Just seek through the OSS for relevant notes. There is a note that fixes this problem. It should be quite new note, since I remember discussing about this with SAP few months ago, and at that time they delivered the note.

Regards,

Karri