Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Mail to External Mail ID?

arpita_churi3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed a Wf in which i there is one mail step to send a notification to initiator of the WF.but req is this mail should go to initiator's Extrenal mail id not to Sap inbox.

Using FM HR_FBN_GET_USER_EMAIL_ADDRESS i am fetching the email id of that person.

how to send this mail to this external ID?What are the configration required?

Regards,

Arpita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AC,

if you had searched 'external mail' in this forum, you would have got lost of threads which could answer your query.

Nevertheless, for external mail, since you have fetched the email id of the user, pre-requisites are:

SCOT, SMTP > INT (node) settings which you need to tell the BASIS, where a report RSCONN01 is run in the background.

Once this is done, you have either options of sending it using a FM SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 (which you could use in a BORmethod, where this method is put in task of your WF) or directly use SendMail step where you can put the email address that you fetched from your FM.

Aditya

arpita_churi3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I have tested the settings in SCOT by sending a test mail to external ID from SAP business workplace.Then i tried this in my workflow.I have fectched Email Id of initiator then i have passed it to Mail Step as Agent as Expression.but it is giving Error

Work item 000000107375: Object 000000107375 method SENDTASKDESCRIPTION cannot be executed

Message no. WL821

Regards,

Arpita

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are making use the same funciton module that what AV has proposed then make sure that the receiver type that you have populated in the funciton module in the tables parameter RECEIVERS, it should be U internet address.

But I think you are making use of the standard MAIL step.. in that case what you can try to do is select the recepient type as EMAIL Address and select the expression from the f4 help.

Regards

Pavan

arpita_churi3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks...

Input to FM is USER_ID as PERNR and REACTION is 'I' and i am getting the Email address of PERNR.

Where is this RECEIVERS come that you have mentioned?

Regards,

Arpita

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AC,

the RECEIVERS is the parameter for SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1.

Aditya

Answers (0)