Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC - Multiactions: Use Unique parameteres

former_member40251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I would like to know if is it possible to create a multiaction using unique parameters valid for all the data actions attached to the multiaction.

Example: 1 version parameter that will fill all the data actions

kind regards

Mayumi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182709
Contributor

Hi Mayumi,

In QRC2, we will be releasing a new feature cross-model parameter support in multi action. That means as long as the parameter is defined based a public dimension which is being shared by different models, the cross-model parameter can be used in different data actions. However, in your case, the parameter needs to be based on Version dimension. As you may know, Version cannot be a public dimension, so you requirement cannot be met in the context of version dimension. But it's still valueble to the parameter based on other geneic dimensions.

Regards,
Charlie

former_member40251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie!

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, in my scenario I have 3 data actions in a multiaction. Each of them makes a copy of Actual to Plan for 3 different models (one for expenses, one for Costs and one for Revenues). I segregated the models for security reasons (planning end users are different for the 3 models).

But one person (FP&A administrator) will prepare forecast data to release it for the end users.

To make it simpler, he would like to fill Year/Month and version just once to run the multiaction for the 3 models.

But as version and Date are not public dimension, I understood that this will not be possible. So the user will fill version and Date 3 times.

thanks.

Mayumi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sgodfree
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayumi,

The second scenario that Azy has mentioned is something we are hoping to support with our Q2/2022 release.

Thanks,

Scott

JefB
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, sgodfree can you confirm this will work for Version dimensions in Q2 release?
Because the roadmap only mentions shared parameters for Public dimensions... 😞

former_member40251
Participant
0 Kudos

ok, thanks a lot Scott. I will align it with the Customer, as we are going live on March.

kind regards

Mayumi

azy_pather
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayumi

Yes, it is possible to share parameters provided that the Data Actions are on the same model. If the Data Actions are on different models, separate parameters are required.

former_member40251
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Azy, thanks for the answer.

In fact my scenario for MultiActions uses steps from different models.

kind regards

Mayumi

former_member182709
Contributor

Hi Azy,

In QRC2, we will be releasing a new feature cross-model parameter support in multi action. That means as long as the parameter is defined based a public dimension which is being shared by different models, the cross-model parameter can be used in different data actions. However, in Mayumi's case, the parameter needs to be based on Version dimension. As you may know, Version cannot be a public dimension, so her requirement cannot be met in the context of version dimension.

Regards,
Charlie