Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFCs and their use

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

a novice question about RFCs.

Documentation I have says that I need to import the model and then bind the model object to a context model to be useable.

I have a BAPI that I have imported by creating a model in my application.

I am able to set parameters and call the execute method in the Input type class of the model without binding the model to any context so thought I could carry on without the binding.

However I am having trouble accessing the return type or message from the BAPI after execution and was wondering if this requires the binding?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the model is created, model class are been created. so we can access the model objects.

To get the return value, you have to create an output structure as separate context(output sub structure) and the input as separate one.

Maintain the JCo connections is needed. You check your JCo destinations from WebDynpro Content Administrator.

regards,

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

managed to do it without any binding of the imported model to a context.

//in a button action method in a view implementation...

//input

bapiRtwInterviewStatus.setEmployeenumber(wdContext.nodeSummary().getSummaryElementAt(x).getPernr());

bapiRtwInterviewStatus.setP_Status(true);

try

{

bapiRtwInterviewStatus.execute();

//get return type and report

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess(bapiRtwInterviewStatus.getOutput().getReturn().getMessage());

returns "success" for me.

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harnomit Babraa ,

Can u please tell , how u r executing the rfc without binding it to the context??

have u checked this doc?

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/user-interface-tec...

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/355b9c90-0201...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by: Armin Reichert on Feb 18, 2008 7:31 PM