cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIA doesn't start and re-installation failure BO 4.0 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I had to remove my SAP BO 4.0 SP2 Server of my Windows Server 2008 R2 because of my SIA doesn't launch.

When I remove my software, I have the error :

And when I want to reinstall it, a new error appear :

When the installation is finished, I have my first SIA name, not the new, and it doesn't work yet.

Some solutions ?

Regards,

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre-Louis,

the problem most likely occurs because the uninstaller didn't successfully clean up the installation directory and the registry.

The easiest solution would be to start with a fresh machine (in case you are installing on a Virtual Machine this would probably make sense - not so much for a physical box).

Otherwise make sure to clean-up the installation directory and registry from any SAP BusinessObjects leftovers.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My installation source was not corrupted because the sofware have worked before.

It's exactly what you said Thomas, my uninstaller didn't successfully clean up the installation directory and the registry.

So I have cleaned-up my registry and the installation directory, and reinstall BO. It work perfectly now !

Thanks for your replies Cuong and Thomas !

Regards.

Pierre-Louis

0 Kudos

Hi Pierre-Louis:

How could you clean up your registry and the installation directory?  I got the same problem.  Could you share the steps to clean up the system?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the registry, I've clean up it manually. In the registry I've search all path with "BusinessObjects" ans delete them. You also can use a script to delete them faster.

Concerning the installation directory, it's the same, search all path of BusinessObjects and delete them. Use CCleaner to clean up your hard disk, delete businessobjects path of environment variable too.

After all this steps you will be able to reinstall your software with any problem.

Regards.

Pierre-Louis MAURIN