cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with OLE DB Access 2010 to create xlsx data source in Crystal Reports

0 Kudos

The driver downloaded fine so I can see Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine as an OLE DB provider, but when I choose it, it does not give me an option to browse for the data source or choose the Office database type. Is there something that needs to be turned on? See below

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of Windows are you running on and which version of Crystal are you using?

0 Kudos

Windows 10. Crystal XI. I have Crystal XI loaded on a Windows 7 64bit computer and it works just fine. Crystal XI itself works just fine on 10, but when I try and add the OLE DB connector, I get the above problem.

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I believe that pop-up is a Java form. Update JAVA on the Windows 7 machine and see if that fixes it. You should make sure you update both 32 and 64 bit JAVA.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

It is working fine on the Windows 7 machine - it's the Windows 10 machine that is having the above issue. I downloaded both 32 and 64 bit Java but am still having the same issue. Any more suggestions? Thanks.

Don

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

CR XI isn't supported on Windows 10.

The cause is the the Data source should have a button to the right that allows you to browse to the data file.

Upgrade to CR 2016 or above:

https://www.sap.com/products/crystal-reports.html

Answers (0)