cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configtool.bat will not run from IBM i

MichaelG258
Explorer
0 Kudos

Like many before me, I am encountering the issue with Configtool.bat not launching. My environment is IBM i and in the past I have used VNC Viewer, but that is no longer supported by IBM so I have been trying to use the configtool.bat in the Windows environment. I have downloaded older Java 6 JDK along with a more current version and set JAVA_HOME accordingly set JAVA_HOME=c:\program files\java\jdk1.6.0_45 and I still get an error the below about Current VM not supported.

I've tried running the tool without any changes and I've copied the script and changed the JAVA_CMD to point to the Windows java instead of the IBM i java and all get the same error.

Does anyone know of other tricks that may help resolve this error as I am in need of updating my Java instance?

X:\usr\sap\PIP\DVEBMGS02\j2ee\configtool>configtoolt

launching Java from /usr/sap/PIP/DVEBMGS02/exe/sapjvm_6

INFO: Loading tool launcher...

INFO: [OS: Windows Server 2008 R2] [VM vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.] [VM ver

sion: 1.6.0_45] [VM type: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM]

FATAL: Current VM is not supported according to the specified compatibility li

st.

FATAL: com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart will abort now with exitcode 3

Program terminated abnormally

Press any key to continue . . .

View Entire Topic
dorothea_stein
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

I assume the console would tell us more about why this happens. To keep the console messages after Configtool stopped working, you could try to start ConfigTool from a DOS prompt. (Switch to the directory and then call configtool.bat there.) Please send the tool console output, maybe even along with the script that you are now using.

Best regards,
Dorothea

MichaelG258
Explorer
0 Kudos

I provided the information but it didn't attach to your comment. I'm sorry.