cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain to load only new requests from PSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a data model where the data flows from PSA to InfoCube through a DTP. I have set delta as the update type in DTP level and update type was by default, full for PSA. Now I am having a process chain to execute the whole loading process.

The problem is that data is correctly being loaded into PSA but it is being duplicated in the InfoCube because the chain runs all previous requests from the PSA. This is causing duplication of loads. How do I prevent this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add a process type " Deletion of Requests from PSA" in ur process chain. put this process before ur infopackage executes.

start process -> deletion of PSA -> execute infopackage -> execute DTP and so on...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Add Process : Delete PSA at the end of your Process Chain.

former_member496813
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Most probably your PSA must have 1 more request for the same load.

Right click datasource->manage and in the Request for PSA screen change the "Request newer than" field with a old date (make it like 2006). So now you would be able to see 2 requests. One you loaded recently and one more with a old date. So delete the request with the old date and re-load the cube again.

OR

If not two requests, put a ABAP statement like the following:

"Delete adjacent"..... in the transformation start routine.

It should be ok.

Hope it helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is a small bug in bi7.I don't know whether it is rectified with new SPs..as i worked on bi 7 one year back.then SP level was 10...

we need to delete psa data first then load the data, and then take the DTP in the process chain,else all the available requests will be taken by DTP..

Thanks,

Teja