cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO is locked by the user id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

User is getting error message if they try to open the purchase order . and the user id which is coming in error message is of them. but even after doing the re login in sap still the same message is coming.

i think there is some thing in basis where the information is getting stuck and is not getting refreshed even though user is re logging into the sessions .

user has not opened the purchase oreder in any other screen

this is happening with many user

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well i didnt find the solution for this

Former Member
0 Kudos

No big surprises there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before I move this thread to a more appropriate forum and to be able to know which forum that would be, please confirm:

- Which release are you on?

- Which transaction context is this?

- Is there an exit or standard transaction variant being used? Tip: Have you activated the Switch Framework?

- If you are using a BAPI in your own code, which BAPI is it? Tip: See [SAP Note 197958|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/197958]

- Which message class / number is it?

I still place my bets on faulty config...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the issue that attachment is locked in PO is surely a config error

but in this incident i am asking something else and let me brief it again.

user id XY creates PO and then logs out of SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 now when he again trys to open the PO in change mode then system throws error message that "User id XY is already processing the purchase order" but whereas the user has not opened the document any where.

Apart from this if see the lock entrys in SM12 and delete the lock entry for this user then this issue can be resolved for that moment

my finding in this issue is that there is something called user buffer and that is not getting refreshed so this may be causing the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

> my finding in this issue is that there is something called user buffer and that is not getting refreshed so this may be causing the issue

Where did you find this? Were there table invalidations of the user buffer?

You still have not told us whether you have any exits activated and what is in them.

Anyway, I will move this to the NW Admin "basis" forum as per your wish to see what they have to say (also about you

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julius for moving the thread to the right forum.

I am working in a support project and so there are many exits, Badis and ehancement points which have been used in purchase order programe during the implementation and as there not have been in any change in the program in terms of exits or enhancement so i dont see that as an reason.

If at then end i find cause of error then this is gong to be a great lesson as well as a great learning for me but i have strong doubt on that.

and the error i have said to be coming to the user is not a rare error as in most of the project it comes but i have no solution for it!!

i hope i find some answers to this on SDN

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please ask BASIS team to check whether any Lock is existing in the Lock Table in Main memory for that user id. If yes, please delete the lock. If nothing exists, try with clearing User buffer for that user and deleting all data hold..

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply but this issue is coming for multiple user and as i understand deleting the lock entrys form SM12 will resole the issue for that moment but this issue is coming again and again .so there has to be some permanent solution for this . Can you please provide any thing on that

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> thanks for your reply but this issue is coming for multiple user and as i understand deleting the lock entrys form SM12 will resole the issue for that moment but this issue is coming again and again .so there has to be some permanent solution for this . Can you please provide any thing on that

This is the question you should be asking your functional team and your companies support organisation. Usually these things are looked into by functional team and developer to pinpoint the problem before involving other teams who may be able to help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am SAP MM consultant no offense but you are answering like our basis team .............. now i dont see what can a functional guy can do in this

..........we can resolve the issue if user is not able to create the po

but the thing is that user is getting error message that "user id XY is processing the purchase order" and although he and not any other has opened that po in editable mode ..................things are happening at back end which is not in hands of functional consultant.

please suggest what can be the issue from basis end .............

Edited by: Sap: IN on Aug 3, 2009 9:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> no offense but you are answering like our basis team ..............

> what can be the issue from basis end .............

Sorry, but we are not the basis end here either... This is the security front...

Try the 3rd door on the left, or transaction CMOD for an exit which is raising an (possibly) incorrect or misleading message. A trace would also lead you to the source code location to be able to see what's going on, on your end ...

LOL

Julius

ps: Is this question of yours a related (cross-posted) thread? -->

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Aug 3, 2009 6:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No offence intended also, but this is a security forum, not a Basis forum so what did you expect?

As such we are not in a great situation to go through Basis issues or functional issues. You say you have looked into it from a functional perspective but there is nothing here to give a Basis admin anything to go on to start with. I would have thought error messages, details on the exact table locks etc would be useful for a Basis person who has been told that the transaction does not work any more because of lock issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the question you have refered to is related with SRM and DMS, also it has nothing to do with this incident.

if i have posted this question in wrong forum please let me know which form take care of BASIS related issues. SO that in future i can raise the query there itself