cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Web Template for IP Layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a layout which has 24 columns (time horizon in monthly buckets). The months are showing up in two page and is having around 12 motnhs in each page. However in the initial view it is not showing all the 12 months. We have to scroll to the right to see some months. How can i avoid this and make sure all the months are visible without having to scroll because if I scroll to the right i am

loosing the visibility of the key figures in the rows. How can i fix this

Thanks

Rashmi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using WAD or BEx Analyzer?

Also, please clearly specify what are the objects in rows and what is in columns in your query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using WAD. On the rows I have the customer heirarchy and all the key figures and in the columns I have Fiscal Year Period ( 24 months from the current month).

Thanks

Rashmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

you can set the number of colums displayed using the "BLOCK_COLUMNS_SIZE" command within the analysis item ([Analysis Item|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/76/489d39d342de00e10000000a11402f/content.htm]).

However you can have two different scroll actions if the resolution of the screen is too small for the whole query. If you put the coloumn number less than 24 you will have to scroll within the query (you might also have to do a paging depending on your settings within the analysis item). Otherwise if it is equal or greater than 24 the Internet Explorer might display a scroll bar. In this case the column/row description will disappear at the time scrolling. Perhaps it might be helpful to cut the column description if possible to display more colums within one page.

Brgds,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Using column number less than 24 works well, users do not have to scroll in the same page and hence do not loose visibility if the key figures. However it has increased the number of pages, is there any other way to use the same option with less number of pages to go to, may be by reducing the side of each cell or something like that.

Thanks

Rashmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

the width of a cell is - by default - as wide as the widest content (i.e. depending on the biggest number or the heading). If you cut the heading this may help.

But there is as well a way to determine the width of the colums manually. You can fix the width of each column yourself. However be aware that you can only use one row for your column-heading - everything else is cut.

The [modification|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/47/a061f612753377e10000000a421937/content.htm] is described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/47/a0623a12753377e10000000a421937/content.htm

As far as I remind the system must be on a special SPS (I guess Bi Java SPS 16) to be able to use this modification. If there are questions just let us know.

Brgds,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

I am also facing same problem as you, are you able to find the solution to this problem ie freezing lead column and row header ?? If so please post.

Thanks,

Regards,

Jasmi

Answers (0)