cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No output - No error in RFC lookup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've been working on a scenario that involves RFC lookup. The look up has been tested in both ways, ie., by UDF and by standard RFCLookup function. Both the methods indeed receives an empty response back from R3, which makes me believe that the implementation in PI is correct. I am no ABAP expert and hence couldnt figure out if something is going wrong at the ABAP side. The function module is said to be working as expected locally [at ABAP end].

I am testing it at desgin time and the element to which the looked-up value is mapped is always empty. The UDF method, gets back a RFC-XML response in which the export parameter tags are empty. The standard RFCLookup function method, doesnt return any value.

Did I miss anything here? Any inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is resolved now. Apparently, the issue was with the lenght of the value passed onto the function module.

I thank everyone for their valuable responses. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Madhvi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably you have mentioned  incorrect client in the RFC receiver channel.

Just cross check that as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you all for your suggestions..

@Raja Shekar Reddy: I did try re-importing RFC structure for 6 times now. No luck there.

@ Iñaki Vila: I did create an import parameter, that’s how I could test in design time.

@Gareth: Is your suggestion from R/3 perspective? Because, the UDF approach lets me frame the RFC-request data where all required tags were filled and passed. Hence I would assume all data are sent to R/3 as required.

@Mark: This is something I dint try yet. I’ll get it a try. Thanks.

@Rajesh: The channel is being used by many function modules in the same business system. Only this function module doesn’t work.

Any other pointers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhvi,

Yes, my suggestion was for the R/3 side of things.  It may or may not be useful in some situations just to be sure that what you are passing is actually arriving in the correct format.

Stupid question - is the Function Module you are using definitely RF-enabled?  I've seen this catch people out many a time as it is easily over-looked!

Gareth.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you start/stop the RFC Receiver CC so that the metadata gets refreshed and then try executing your look again?

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhvi,

If you aren't sure if the RFC is being called correctly, see if your ABAP resource can implement FBGENDAT functionality in the RFC - this helps to see just what is being passed in to the RFC call.

It may not be useful in this situation but is worth a try.

Gareth.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhvi,

As far as i know you cant test a RFC lockup from test message mapping  tool, you could use a wsnavigator or service registry inside PI or an external tool like soapui or XMLSPY in order to test all the scenario.

I've forgotten, you could test from message mapping but you need to fill the follow:

The value of RFCCanal is the RFC channel and it should exist in the configuration:

Regards,

Message was edited by: Iñaki Vila

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

reimport RFC structure once again and execute RFC look up,still no luck then send correct request format .

I dont think any error from your end..

Regards,

Raj