cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a DB17 equivalent on a Java Stack system

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, sort of new-to-me question here.  When monitoring systems with ABAP stacks if I have to add/change an oracle paramter for monitoring I go in to DB17.  On a Java only system there is no 'DB17' ... or is there?  Where is the stuff hidden in NWA?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

DB17 is not really related to monitoring, it's got more to do with daily checks.

It is a maintenance view for table DBCHECKORA (Configuration of Database Check).

This table allows to set option / thresholds for the controls performed by Br*Tools checks (Brconnect -u / -c -f check).

I do not think there is such an maintenance screen in NWA.

If you have installed your Java stack with MCOD (both stack share the same database, using different schema), the Br*Tools of the ABAP stack will do the job.

I do not have a Java stack running on a standalone DB, but as far as BR*Tools are installed with the Java stack it is possible to run the Br*Tools check and maintain table DBCHECKORA directly with SQL command.

Take a look at the attachment of note 403704 - BRCONNECT - Enhanced functions for Oracle DBA

it contains scripts to rebuild the content of table DBCHECKORA

[...]

DELETE FROM DBCHECKORA;

INSERT INTO DBCHECKORA (TYPE, PARAM, OBJECT, ACTIVE, SEVERITY, CHKOP, CHKVAL, UNIT, CHKREP, REPUNIT, MODFLAG, MODDATE, MODUSER, REACTION, CORRTYPE, CORRNAME, CHKDESC) VALUES ('DBA', 'ARCHIVER_STUCK', ' ', 'Y', 'W', '>', '90', 'P', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', 'D', 'Save and delete archive log files', 'Out of space in archive directory');

INSERT INTO DBCHECKORA (TYPE, PARAM, OBJECT, ACTIVE, SEVERITY, CHKOP, CHKVAL, UNIT, CHKREP, REPUNIT, MODFLAG, MODDATE, MODUSER, REACTION, CORRTYPE, CORRNAME, CHKDESC) VALUES ('DBA', 'CONTROL_FILE_MIRROR', ' ', 'Y', 'E', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', ' ', 'D', 'Extend CONTROL_FILES parameter', 'Control file not mirrored');

[...]

Hope this helps...

Regards

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What NW release did you go with?  As this will dictate various aspects of the NWA.

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Older ones are 7.0  new installs are 7.31

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 7.0 ones are going to cause you grief, the 7.31 ones have quite a few monitoring/performance options to view.

I don't have Oracle for my systems, so I can't open DB17 to see what it covers.  Also with Java systems, a lot of the items are at the file system level vs being kept in the DB.

Do you have something specific that I could try and screen shot for you?

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here is some of the output.  I have bolded the ones that are showing as errors.  I know how to fix them I was just wondering where a Java Stack system keeps the informtion that the brconnect uses.

(root@sapjbd)# more cembgocw.chk

BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.20 (32)

BR0805I Start of BRCONNECT processing: cembgocw.chk 2013-09-10 06.13.06

BR0484I BRCONNECT log file: /oracle/JBD/sapcheck/cembgocw.chk

BR0477I Oracle pfile /oracle/JBD/112_64/dbs/initJBD.ora created from spfile /oracle/JBD/112_64/dbs/spfileJBD.ora

BR0101I Parameters

make_info hpia64 OCI_102 Jun 1 2013 720_REL

command_line brconnect -u system/******** -c -f check

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2013-09-10 06.13.10

BR0972I Checking database operations...

BR0973W Database operation alert - level: WARNING, operation: cembgocv.aly, time: 2013-09-10 06.13.05, condition: Last update optimi

zer statistics failed with rc = 3

BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2013-09-10 06.13.11

BR0974I Checking database messages in /oracle/JBD/saptrace/diag/rdbms/jbd/JBD/trace/alert_JBD.log ...

BR0977I Checking database profile...

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: MAX_DUMP_FILE_SIZE, value: UNLIMITED (>< 40000,10000)

BR0978W Database profile alert - level: WARNING, parameter: OPTIMIZER_INDEX_COST_ADJ, value: 100 (>< 40,10)

BR0980I Number of changed database profile parameters: 0

BR0955I Number of signaled error/warning/exception alerts for database administration: 0/0/0

BR0956I Number of signaled error/warning/exception alerts for database operations: 0/1/0

BR0957I Number of signaled error/warning/exception alerts for database messages: 0/0/0

BR0958I Number of signaled error/warning/exception alerts for database profile: 0/2/0

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your log confuses me, if you are pulling this from the file system what is it that DB17 is providing you??

Also here is a screenshot of the SQL Monitoring within a 7.31 (fresh install, no SPs applied yet):