cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit the number of available forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Until EP6, using com.sapportals.km.xmlform iView we can specify the XMLForm available for creation on a specific folder(e.g. News for /documents/News, only appear the option Create News), from EP6, using com.sap.km.cm.navigation iView, we only have the ability to specify the LayoutSet and the location where the XML Forms content should be saved, wich results on giving the user the possibility to create any type of XML Form available.

My question is,

Is there any other possibility to specify on the iView the forms available, without having to configure this on Content Management configuration?

The problem is we have a big structure of folders, where there are many places specifics for creating only News items and others for Faq's, and if for each folder where the user can only create one type of Form, we need to include in the configuration, i will say that this will be very complicated to mantain.

Thanks and Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

There is a way by which you can control the availabilty of XML forms for an iView . Though at the command level you can specify the usage of an XML form creation , controlling what forms are available is a different setting.

Forms availability can be switched on/off at a global level and for finer control one can specify which folder has what form to use.

Check the link for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8d/2813418366f023e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

What you are saying is through, but like i to remember, we have a big structure of folders and subfolders, where in contrast to the CM configuration, that considers a relation between Folder Path -> forms to include or exclude, i need something like a relation between Form -> Folders to include or exclude.

This happens because most of time, we only need one type of form available for each folder, and with a big structure, like we have, with lot of folders and subfolders, we need to create a lot of roles for each folder where have to include a particular form.

E.g.

12 different type of forms, for each folder, the user can only create items from on form type.

/portal1/home/information -> Form1

/portal1/home/contacts -> Form2

/portal1/home/news -> Form3

/portal1/home/highlights -> Form3

/portal1/about/overview -> Form1

/portal1/about/other links -> Form4

/portal1/about/How Participate -> Form1

/portal1/about/Essential Readings -> Form1

/portal1/News&Events/Recent -> Form3

/portal1/News&Events/Events -> Form1

Has you can see, with this little structure, yes, little, because this only represents part of the structure, of one portal, you can imagine the rules that i have to create to have the relation presented, and with time, with more portals, one the same physical machine, this will be a chaos.

Will be great, if we can specify on the navigation iView the Forms available for that specific iView configuration, rewriting the configuration existent on CM configuration.

Thanks and Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry in insisting, but i really need an alternative solution, that let me specify, in constrast to default configuration, specify something like Form -> Paths where will be available;

e.g.

Form1 ->

/portal1/home/information;

/portal1/about/overview;

/portal1/about/How Participate;

/portal1/News&Events/Events

Form2 (Contacts) ->

/portal1/home/contacts;

Form3 (News) ->

/portal1/home/news;

/portal1/home/highlights;

/portal1/News&Events/Recent

Three rules are enough, what means, a rule for each form.

With default CM configuration, to achieve the same functionality, i will need to do something like:

/portal1/home/information -> Form1

/portal1/about/overview -> Form1

/portal1/about/How Participate -> Form1

/portal1/News&Events/Events -> Form1

/portal1/home/contacts -> Form2

/portal1/home/news -> Form3

/portal1/home/highlights -> Form3

/portal1/News&Events/Recent -> Form2

Eight rules on this little example, but in the reallity, it means as many rules how many distinct path exists.

An alternative to solution proposed on the first example configuration, could be, a parameter on KM Navigation iView, where we can specify, rewritting all the configuration existent on CM, that it allows to identify the available forms.

e.g

KM Navigation iView

Path = /portal1/home/information

LayoutSet = NewsBrowser

Forms (New) = Form1;Form2 (this will rewrite any configuration for the path /portal1/home/information, existent on CM)

I hope someone could help me with this issue, because i will saying that all this changes on XMLForms, brings a lot of new functionality, but also it removes much of the functionality that previously existed with, iView com.sapportals.km.xmlform and XSL listShow and listEdit files.

Thanks and Regards,

John