Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with onClick and onClientClick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is as follows.

I have 3 dropdownlist boxes namely Circle, SubCircle and Customer. When i select the Circle, its respective Sub Circles should appear in the second drop down. If i select the sub circle its repective Customer should appear in the third drop down.After selecting the Customer and Submitting, a ModalDialog box should get displayed with a table view containing the selected values i.e. Circle, SubCircle and Customer.

when im using the event onClientClick , a modal dialog box is opening but with empty values in the table view, as its not triggering the event in the event handler OnInputProcessing.

when im using the event onClick, a new page is opening with a tableview and with the respective values.

Pls help me to sort this issue asap.

Thanks,

Sirisha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sirisha,

As per the requirement what you have told i did not understand the need of writing the navigation parameters. As you require the data to be displayed in the table view in the same page you dont need to write any navigation . Remove the navigations once and try to display the data in the same page first . then you try keeping that data in dialog box.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For dropdown controls use ...

onClientSelect = "htmlbevent.cancelSubmit=false;"

So it will trigger the event, when you change the selection in the dropdown list....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have defined navigation parameters in the OnInputProcessing and the data is getting displayed in a table view in a new page.

But according to my requirement the tableview should be displayed in a

modal dialog box.

There is some prblm in posting the code. Pls help me as this is pretty urgent,,

Thanks,

Sirisha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sirisha,

You can use onClick for getting the table view. unless you write some navigation in the OnInput Processing you wont get a new page.if possible post your code here. If i see that I can help you out.