cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We only used the iViews that are provided by SAP. But we are planning to install NWDS and connect it to the J2EE engine. But I am not sure about the procedure and requirements for installing it and integrating it with our SAP Portal. Please outline the step by step procedure and requirements for using NWDS in our company.

Kindly, advise a procedure instead of pointing to SAP help or notes. I am tired of reading those lengthy documents. I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Install NWDS

Either download from SDN or else from market place.

Download Java SDK from sun website

Install sun SDK 1.5version is fine with CE.

Install the NWDS

Start developing applications.

During deployment time provide your SAP WAS Server details

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyaparaj,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

As I explained before, I have already installed NWDS 7.0 on my desktop. But while deploying the applications i need to give the SAP Web AS details. In order to give those details and getting integrated with our portal, do we need to do any configuration on the server side. Please lrt me know. I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Gopal Yarlagadda.

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to give your J2EE engine details in NWDS, in windows-> preferences-> j2ee xxx.... give your J2EE engines there, at the time of deployment it will ask for id and pwd just give those credentials it will be deployed on your server.

PradeeP

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

You have nothing to do in server side. You just need to configure the NWDS.

Get the message server of EP host name and port number from your Basis team. (if it is EP 6.0 starts with 36XX,if it is EP 7.0 starts with 39XX ).

Go to window menu (Alt+w),

Goto preferences

Go to SAP J2EE engine

Right side you can enter the details of message server

Regards,

Siva

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

If u r installing NWDS 7.0.14,use JDK 1.4 instead of 1.5.

Aprt fom that u need to have Message server port # and message server host name configured in the J2EE preferences of ur NWDS.

Regards

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Go to https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/instguides->SAP Netweaver (from Left menu)->Release 2004s->Installation->Installation Clients ( here you can find the installation guide)

otherwise go to download section of sdn and u can find the link of nwds sneak preview

let me know if you have any issues.

check the below link to PDF

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50289b6a-5373-2910-91bd-b8196737...

regards

Anil

Edited by: Anil Dichpally on Sep 26, 2008 7:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have downloaded NWDS and installed it on my desktop. At the moment I am working on the process of connecting it to the J2EE engine.

Kind Regards,

PG.