cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

haii all

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you plz tell me what is badi and send me one object belongs to BADI................

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

sreelatha_gullapalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

check the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/04/f3683c05ea4464e10000000a114084/content.htm

Do you want to crate a new BAdI definition(SE18) or do you want to implement a SAP standard BAdI (SE19) ?

Normally the BAdI definition is made by SAP.

BAdI's are the ABAP OO version of enhancements.

Enhancements are used/implemented by adding code to a SAP standard function module via an include file in customer name range (Zxxxxxxxx)

BAdI are used/implemented by adding code to a SAP standard class - not via the class builder but via SE19.

You could say that:

SE18 is the ABAP OO version of SMOD

SE19 is the ABAP OO version of CMOD

Simple sap BADI example

August 27th, 2007

26ae

DEFINING THE BADI

1) execute Tcode SE18.

2) Specify a definition Name : ZBADI_SPFLI

3) Press create

4) Choose the attribute tab. Specify short desc for badi.. and specify the type :

multiple use.

5) Choose the interface tab

6) Specify interface name: ZIF_EX_BADI_SPFLI and save.

7) Dbl clk on interface name to start class builder . specify a method name (name,

level, desc).

Method level desc

Linese;ection instance methos some desc

😎 place the cursor on the method name desc its parameters to define the interface.

Parameter type refe field desc

I_carrid import spfli-carrid some

I_connid import spefi-connid some

9) save , check and activate…adapter class proposed by system is

ZCL_IM_IM_LINESEL is genereated.

IMPLEMENTATION OF BADI DEFINITION

1) EXECUTE tcode se18.choose menuitem create from the implementation menubar.

2) Specify aname for implementation ZIM_LINESEL

3) Specify short desc.

4) Choose interface tab. System proposes a name fo the implementation class.

ZCL_IM_IMLINESEL which is already generarted.

5) Specify short desc for method

6) Dbl clk on method to insert code..(check the code in “AAA”).

7) Save , check and activate the code.

Now write a sample program to use this badi method..

Look for “BBB” sample program.

“AAA”

data : wa_flights type sflight,

it_flights type table of sflight.

format color col_heading.

write:/ ‘Flight info of:’, i_carrid, i_connid.

format color col_normal.

select * from sflight

into corresponding fields of table it_flights

where carrid = i_carrid

and connid = i_connid.

loop at it_flights into wa_flights.

write:/ wa_flights-fldate,

wa_flights-planetype,

wa_flights-price currency wa_flights-currency,

wa_flights-seatsmax,

wa_flights-seatsocc.

endloop.

“BBB”

&——————————————————————————————————-

*& Report ZBADI_TEST *

*& *

*& *

*& *

REPORT ZBADI_TEST .

tables: spfli.

data: wa_spfli type spfli,

it_spfli type table of spfli with key carrid connid.

*Initialise the object of the interface.

data: exit_ref type ref to ZCL_IM_IM_LINESEL,

exit_ref1 type ref to ZIF_EX_BADISPFLI1.

selection-screen begin of block b1.

select-options: s_carr for spfli-carrid.

selection-screen end of block b1.

start-of-selection.

select * from spfli into corresponding fields of table it_spfli

where carrid in s_carr.

end-of-selection.

loop at it_spfli into wa_spfli.

write:/ wa_spfli-carrid,

wa_spfli-connid,

wa_spfli-cityfrom,

wa_spfli-deptime,

wa_spfli-arrtime.

hide: wa_spfli-carrid, wa_spfli-connid.

endloop.

at line-selection.

check not wa_spfli-carrid is initial.

create object exit_ref.

exit_ref1 = exit_ref.

call method exit_ref1->lineselection

EXPORTING

i_carrid = wa_spfli-carrid

i_connid = wa_spfli-connid.

clear wa_spfli.

Regards

Sreelatha Gullapalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business Add-Ins

Business Add-Ins are a new SAP enhancement technique based on ABAP Objects. They can be inserted into the SAP System to accommodate user requirements too specific to be included in the standard delivery. Since specific industries often require special functions, SAP allows you to predefine these points in your software.

As with customer exits (SMOD/CMOD Page 40), two different views are available:

• In the definition view, an application programmer predefines exit points in a source that allow specific industry sectors, partners, and customers to attach additional software to standard SAP source code without having to modify the original object.

• In the implementation view, the users of Business Add-Ins can customize the logic they need or use a standard logic if one is available.

In contrast to customer exits, Business Add-Ins no longer assume a two-system infrastructure (SAP and customers), but instead allow for multiple levels of software development (by SAP, partners, and customers, and as country versions, industry solutions, and the like). Definitions and implementations of Business Add-Ins can be created at each level within such a system infrastructure.

SAP guarantees the upward compatibility of all Business Add-In interfaces. Release upgrades do not affect enhancement calls from within the standard software nor do they affect the validity of call interfaces. You do not have to register Business Add-Ins in SSCR.

The Business Add-In enhancement technique differentiates between enhancements that can only be implemented once and enhancements that can be used actively by any number of customers at the same time.

In addition, Business Add-Ins can be defined according to filter values. This allows you to control add-in implementation and make it dependent on specific criteria (on a specific Country value, for example). All ABAP sources, screens, GUIs, and table interfaces created using this enhancement technique are defined in a manner that allows customers to include their own enhancements in the standard.

A single Business Add-In contains all of the interfaces necessary to implement a specific task. In Release 4.6A, program and menu enhancements can be made with Business Add-Ins. The actual program code is enhanced using ABAP Objects. In order to better understand the programming techniques behind the Business Add-In enhancement concept, SAP recommends reading the section on ABAP Objects

DEFINING THE BADI

1) execute Tcode SE18.

3) Press create

4) Choose the attribute tab. Specify short desc for badi.. and specify the type :

multiple use.

7) Dbl clk on interface name to start class builder . specify a method name (name,

level, desc).

Method level desc

😎 place the cursor on the method name desc its parameters to define the interface.

1) EXECUTE tcode se18.choose menuitem create from the implementation menubar.

3) Specify short desc.

“AAA”

write:/ 'Flight info of:', i_carrid, i_connid.

format color col_normal.

select * from sflight

where carrid = i_carrid

and connid = i_connid.

wa_flights-planetype,

wa_flights-seatsmax,

wa_flights-seatsocc.

endloop.

“BBB”

&----

*& Report ZBADI_TEST *

*& *

&----

REPORT ZBADI_TEST .

start-of-selection.

where carrid in s_carr.

end-of-selection.

wa_spfli-connid,

wa_spfli-cityfrom,

wa_spfli-deptime,

wa_spfli-arrtime.

endloop.

at line-selection.

create object exit_ref.

exit_ref1 = exit_ref.

EXPORTING

clear wa_spfli.

see the example of BADI

BAdI Name: ZPUR_RFQ (Implementation name) Purchase Requisitions

Definition Name: ME_REQ_POSTED

Interface Name : IF_EX_ME_REQ_POSTED

Implementing Class: ZCL_IM_PUR_REQ

Method : POSTED

METHOD if_ex_me_req_posted~posted .

DATA : v_mtart TYPE mtart.

DATA l_s_eban TYPE ueban.

LOOP AT im_eban INTO l_s_eban.

IF l_s_eban-estkz NE 'B'.

CLEAR v_mtart.

SELECT SINGLE mtart INTO v_mtart FROM mara WHERE matnr = l_s_eban-matnr.

IF v_mtart EQ 'ZERS' OR v_mtart EQ 'FHMI' OR v_mtart EQ 'UNBW'.

MESSAGE e000(zm_msg) WITH 'You are not allowed' 'to create PR for stock items'.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

IF l_s_eban-knttp NE 'F' OR l_s_eban-pstyp NE '9'.

IF l_s_eban-knttp NE 'A'.

IF ( l_s_eban-pstyp NE '9' AND l_s_eban-pstyp NE 'D' ) AND l_s_eban-matnr EQ space.

MESSAGE e000(zm_msg) WITH 'You cannot create' 'a PR without material number'.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ENDLOOP.

ENDMETHOD.

Thanks

Sarada

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

refer to the thread.

HRBAS00_GET_PROFL (BAdI: Determine Assigned Structural Profiles)

Definition

Business Add-In (BAdI) that you can use to implement an alternative definition of structural profiles.

Use

This BAdI is particularly interesting in the context solution: If you use this BAdI, you do not have to maintain the structural profiles in table T77UA (User Authorizations).

You find the Business Add-In (BAdI) in the Implementation Guide (IMG) for Personnel Management under Organizational Management ® Basic Settings ® Authorization Management ® Structural Authorization ® BAdI: Define Assigned Structural Profiles. You can find information on implementing a BAdI in the documentation of the relevant MG activity.

For general information on Business Add-Ins and their implementation, see also Notes under BAdI: Customer-Specific Authorization Checks..

You can implement the BAdI using the following method, which must be implemented:

GET_T77PR_TAB (Define Structural User Profiles)

Structure

The following describes the method that is coordinated by the IF_EX_HRBAS00_GET_PROFL interface.

The method interface is stored in the system as documentation of the corresponding method. Review the method documentation of the corresponding method if you are implementing a new method or changing method.

GET_T77PR_TAB (Define Structural User Profiles):

This method defines a user’s structural profile.

Example

In the BAdI, you can display sample implementation code under Goto ® Display Sample Coding. You can also view this sample code in the Class Builder (SE24), by displaying the CL_EXM_IM_HRBAS00_GET_PROFL class and the methods belonging to this class.

regards,

sreelakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Difference Between BADI and User Exits

Business Add-Ins are a new SAP enhancement technique based on ABAP Objects. They can be inserted into the SAP System to accommodate user requirements too specific to be included in the standard delivery. Since specific industries often require special functions, SAP allows you to predefine these points in your software.

As with customer exits two different views are available:

In the definition view, an application programmer predefines exit points in a source that allow specific industry sectors, partners, and customers to attach additional software to standard SAP source code without having to modify the original object.

In the implementation view, the users of Business Add-Ins can customize the logic they need or use a standard logic if one is available.

In contrast to customer exits, Business Add-Ins no longer assume a two-level infrastructure (SAP and customer solutions), but instead allow for a multi-level system landscape (SAP, partner, and customer solutions, as well as country versions, industry solutions, and the like). Definitions and implementations of Business Add-Ins can be created at each level within such a system infrastructure.

SAP guarantees the upward compatibility of all Business Add-In interfaces. Release upgrades do not affect enhancement calls from within the standard software nor do they affect the validity of call interfaces. You do not have to register Business Add-Ins in SSCR.

The Business Add-In enhancement technique differentiates between enhancements that can only be implemented once and enhancements that can be used actively by any number of customers at the same time. In addition, Business Add-Ins can be defined according to filter values. This allows you to control add-in implementation and make it dependent on specific criteria (on a specific Country value, for example).

All ABAP sources, screens, GUIs, and table interfaces created using this enhancement technique are defined in a manner that allows customers to include their own enhancements in the standard. A single Business Add-In contains all of the interfaces necessary to implement a specific task.

The actual program code is enhanced using ABAP Objects. In order to better understand the programming techniques behind the Business Add-In enhancement concept, SAP recommends reading the section on ABAP Objects.

What is difference between badi and user-exists?

What is difference between enhancements and user-exists? and what is the full form of BADI?

I have another doubt in BDC IN BDC WE HAVE MSEGCALL (i did not remember the > correct name) where the error logs are stored, MSEGCALL is a table or structure.

What is the system landscape?

1) Difference between BADI and USER-EXIT.

i) BADI's can be used any number of times, where as USER-EXITS can be used only one time.

Ex:- if your assigning a USER-EXIT to a project in (CMOD), then you can not assign the same to other project.

ii) BADI's are oops based.

2) About 'BDCMSGCOLL' it is a structure. Used for finding error records.

3) Full form of BADI 'Business addins'.

3) System land scape will be depends on your project

Ex:- 'Development server'>'Quality server'-> 'Production server'......

Business Add-Ins

Business add-ins are enhancements to the standard version of the system. They can be inserted into the SAP System to accommodate user requirements too specific to be included in the standard delivery. Since specific industries often require special functions, SAP allows you to predefine these points in your software.

As with customer exits, two different views are available:

• In the definition view, an application programmer defines exit points in a source that allow specific industry sectors, partners, and customers to attach additional coding to standard SAP source code, without having to modify the original object.

• In the implementation view, the users of Business Add-Ins can customize the logic they need or use a standard solution, if one is available.

In contrast to customer exits, Business Add-Ins no longer assume a two-level infrastructure (SAP and customer solutions), but instead allow for a multi-level system landscape (SAP, country-specific versions, industry solutions, partner, customer, and so on). You can create definitions and implementations of Business Add-Ins at any level of the system landscape.

The Business Add-In enhancement technique differentiates between enhancements that can only be implemented once and enhancements that can be used actively by any number of customers at the same time. In addition, Business Add-Ins can be defined according to filter values. This allows you to differentiate between Add-In implementations using the filter Country or other criteria.

The enhancement technique is set up in such a way that it is possible to define interfaces for ABAP soure code, screens, GUI interfaces, and tables. These allow customers to include their own enhancements in the standard. A single Business Add-In contains all of the interfaces necessary to implement a specific task.

The actual program code is enhanced using ABAP Objects. In order to better understand the enhancement technique behind the Business Add, we recommend reading the section

regards,

sreelakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

I am posting a simple SAP BADI example that will get u started.

Let me know if u need any further assistance regarding BADI.

INTRODUCTION

BADI stands for Business Add-In.These are like user exits but are implemented using ABAP Objects.

BADI's can be implemented in every stage of the systems landscape. That means there are more than SAP and Customer specific views, but also country or language specific views.

DEFINING THE BADI

1) execute Tcode SE18.

3) Press create

multiple use.

level, desc).

Method level desc

1) EXECUTE tcode se18.choose menu item create from the implementation menu bar.

3) Specify short desc.

“AAA”

write:/ ‘Flight info of:’, i_carrid, i_connid.

format color col_normal.

select * from sflight

where carrid = i_carrid

and connid = i_connid.

wa_flights-planetype,

wa_flights-seatsmax,

wa_flights-seatsocc.

endloop.

“BBB”

*& Report ZBADI_TEST *

*& *

*& *

*& *

REPORT ZBADI_TEST .

start-of-selection.

where carrid in s_carr.

end-of-selection.

wa_spfli-connid,

wa_spfli-cityfrom,

wa_spfli-deptime,

wa_spfli-arrtime.

endloop.

at line-selection.

create object exit_ref.

exit_ref1 = exit_ref.

EXPORTING

clear wa_spfli.

Please award points if that was useful to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tr-code

SE18

SE19