cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From SE11 tabledata to SAC

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor

Hi,

I am new to SAC and already did quite a lot of research.

I found a lot of stuff that you can do in SAC when you upload an EXCEL Sheet as your dataset. Everybody seems to do this, but who really need this in real life? I mean, nice for training, but useless for live data. I would like to use a real SE11 created table instead. (any link for a complete example on that as a basis would be very nice)

I found a lot of information how to connect your S/4 System in a direct way to SAC. I did that! Matter of fact: that is no datasource at all. It is just a connection (which indeed is attributed as an S/4 connection in my SAC)

Now it gets weird. I need to create a model with a datasource from my connection. I can do that, but it then always only lets me select a SAP BW type (not S/4 HANA as the connection is configured). It takes the real connection data, I can see the user in my S/4 system in SM04 (so I can rule out it is picking the wrong system). But in the list of datasources there are only BW objects. No CDS stuff, no odata services as I would expect.

What am I getting wrong?

I would assume, creating a CDS view or an odata service to browse my SE11 table should be a valid datasource for an underlying S/4 Hana system to feed the data to SAC. Why is SAC only suggesting these weird BW objects?

Any Idea?

Volker

tnithya13
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Volker,

Trying implement the same scenario. Were you able to achieve this. I created CDS view in eclipse without annotations query: true.

Unable to add annotations '@Analytics.query: true' as this throws an error.

Is there a way to develop dashboard in SAC with ZTable?

Thanks,

Nithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

IngoH
Active Contributor

Hi Volker,

take a look here :

https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/public/en/2595552

On CDS Views from S4 in SAP Analytics Cloud

Regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is how my connection is defined:

connection.jpg

This is my Table definition an the CDS View i defined

data.jpg

I would expect my CDS View to appear in that datasource list!

Best regards

Volker

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ja, I already found that one.

Nevertheless, it does not show up. I assume this is because my system still does show up as a SAP BW System allthough it is configured as an S/4 Connection.

Will try to add some screenshots later to clearify the problem.

I have to say, I did not try upload stuff, but direct connection. Will try to check if this works in upload, at least for definition purposes, allthough I would not like to use that for the actual task.

Thank and best regards

Volker