cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2020

edberdichevsky
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can a Crystal Reports 2020 full desktop version be installed on our PROD server and be user as a server edition?

We have hundreds of CR reports serving our user community and I wonder if we can install it on our App Server?

Our report viewing platform is Ripplestone Server edition from which our user community will run these reports.

I am just wondering if this will work.

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports licensing is per user, so having multiple users accessing it on a server without having a license for each user is a license violation,

-Dell

edberdichevsky
Explorer
0 Kudos

Point well taken - and we would never go that route. Thanks for your feedback.

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think so. Crystal Reports 2020 desktop is the tool for designing and creating Crystal Reports. It is not a server installation. There is a product called Crystal Reports Server that is intended for uploading Crystal Reports and allowing users to interact with and schedule those reports via a browser.

I am not familiar with Ripplestone Server so I don't know if it might be different or not.

edberdichevsky
Explorer
0 Kudos

Did you mean "Crystal Server 2020" and not "Crystal Reports Server 2020"?

Our thinking was that we develop the Crystal Reports programs via a standalone license for Crystal Reports and our viewing/scheduling/exporting of the said reports would be handled by a server version of Ripplestone, which is like Crystal Server...

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you mean "Crystal Server 2020" and not "Crystal Reports Server 2020"?

Yes, that could. The name has changed over the years and it's not a product that we use as we have the full Business Objects BI Platform.

I've never heard of Ripplestone Server so maybe I'm not much help.

edberdichevsky
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am going to have to talk to Ripplestone folks & see what their opinion is.