cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Charts and Drill down

Former Member
0 Kudos

<p>Hi, <br /> I want to make a bar chart with every bar is clickable. i mean to say that their is drill down. when i click on a bar it show me the detail of that values of bar. is that possible in this version of Crystal reports for eclipse. I tried it but chart is not clickable,</p><p>I placed my chart on Report Header and made a Section B in report header. in Section B, i inserted a subreport.</p><p>Sub Report is working, but not able to get drill down on charts.</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>please help me out. </p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SJohnson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

<p>This version of the designer does not currently support designing reports which allow drill-down capabilities. The runtime engine will support rendering the report in a thick-client application or over the web, but our designer does not have the UI enabled to create the Group charts. If you have a copy of our external Crystal Reports Designer you can design these types of reports. where the data sections of the charts drill-into the groups. If you want to evaluate this functionality you can download a free trial of the Crystal Reports Designer from here:</p><p><a href="http://www.businessobjects.com/products/reporting/crystalreports/evalxi/deveval_download.asp">http://www.businessobjects.com/products/reporting/crystalreports/evalxi/deveval_download.asp</a></p><p>Of course, we do hope to introduce this functionality in a future release. I have a feature matrix currently being reviewed currently and hope to have it published within a few days. The matrix will identify the differences between the embedded designer and our current external designer. Although we have a large number of the features in the CR4E designer, it&#39;s understandable that a product that has 13 years of legacy will likely have many features that are not yet exposed in the CR4E designer. Most of the features currently not supported is in the granular properties of charts and the chart options (such as Group Charts). Hopefully, as the CR4E product matures the parity gap between it and the Professional edition of the Designer will become negligible.</p><p>I did try adding a group chart using APIs and I received an error. I am going to look more into the error, but right now it looks like this is not possible. </p><p>Regards,<br />Sean Johnson (CR4E Product Manager) </p>

Former Member
0 Kudos

<p>I read about group charts in forum for crystal reports, so i was trying it on CR4E, by adding groups, any way thanks for clearing my doubts, </p><p>i will wait for ur future releases which provide the drilldown down features on charts</p><p>Thanks & Regards </p><p>piyush maurya<br /></p>