Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PRODORD_CHECK_MAT_AVAIL what is the use of the SCOPE_AVAIL

former_member597058
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello to everyone

I'm using this BAPI to check the availability of production order. I wanted to ask if someone can tell me what is the use of that import " SCOPE_AVAIL". The documentation is

Execute availability check (session)

Description

The parameter controls how the availability check for a material is carried out.

The following types of check are possible:

• Individual check per material according to checking group:
    The availability check is carried out for each material, depending on the settings for the checking group (for example, check against planning).
  • ATP check for all materials:
    The availability check is carried out for all materials as an ATP check, independently of the settings in the checking group.
  • Check for all materials against planning:
    The availability check is carried out for all materials as a check against planning. The check against planning is not carried out if the Indicator for relevance during check against planning field in the checking group contains the entry Do not check
  • No check:
    No check is carried out. This setting should be used if you want to reset the availability data without checking it again.

The settings for the checking groups are defined in Customizing for Sales and Distribution (Activity Define Checking Groups) in the Relevance for planning field.

Value range

• I: Individual check per material according to check group
  • A: ATP check for all materials
  • P: Check for all materials against planning
  • Blank: No check

I don't really understand though what exactly is the difference between the values I,A,P. When I use the value I and A it works ok.

Also, I have a question regarding the import Reset Availability Data, how the use of that affects my program? Can I omit it? Everything will be the same?
Thanks in advance for the answers and your time.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

el_handous
Participant

Hello m_sam ,

I think that this link will help you https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3407881
However, I am a bit confused concerning which inputs I should fill in to get the availability of my materials. For instance, when I use ATP check for all materials, I get "Availability check was carried out" in DETAIL_RETURN but no "materials are available" or something like that.

Answers (0)