cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS ABAP 7.52 Dev Edition on VMWare & Liinux

0 Kudos

I am very new to SAP and just managed to install the AS ABAP 7.52 Dev Edition on VMWare & Linux (Trial).

I also installed the SAP Gui from the client folder in the VM.

I then logged on using "SAP*", but the password field cannot be changed.

If I tried to log on or use transaction "SLICENSE", SAP GUI gave an error message like "Fill in all required fields".

Please advise me as to what I have done wrong?

Thanks very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

I tried to logon in client "001" with user "sapsa" and "sa" using my password in the OS (VM), but keep getting error message "wrong user or password".

What seems to be wrong?

Thanks

Gunter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Liang,

did you use the default password "Download" when logging in with "SAP*"? Also did you try to login with DDIC and the same password?

Please check below:

https://blogs.sap.com/2018/09/13/as-abap-7.52-sp01-developer-edition-concise-installation-guide/

Regards,

Gunter

0 Kudos

Hi, thank you very much for your help.

I referred to your link (concise guide). I was following the "Newbie" guide (not so newbie, actually as some of the screen shots were different from mine.)

1) I realized that the instruction in the concise guide is "startsap ALL". In the "Newbie" guide, it is just "startsap". Would it cause any difference?

2) I realized that the password field doesn't change. It acts as though it is frozen even when I typed over it. But it works. Is that how it is supposed to work, or something wrong with my SAP GUI installation? -- This is where I was stuck at. I wanted it to change.

3) After I deleted the existing digital licence and installed the new one. I realized that I actually deleted 2 licences, but the new licence installed came with only 1, and the new date is 25/10/19. Actually shorter than the previous one, which I think lasted to 2010.

4) I googled "DDIC" - it stands for Data Dictionary? How does it come into my logon?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos

I understand (4) - DDIC user. No, i logged in as "SAP*".

What should do, now that i have deleted 2 licences instead of just 1?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor

Hi Liang,

In order for Gunter to be notified of your replies to his answer, they must be comments directly under his answer, and not new answers on their own. I've gone ahead and converted your answers to comments on your behalf to achieve this.

Best regards,
Matt Fraser
SAP Community Moderator

Gunter
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Liang,

ok, I think you are doing well so far, which problem remains? Quick reply to you points:

1) startsap is sufficient (at least for me)

2) yes, this is the way the SAP GUI is behaving. I recall many years ago I found this strange, too! 🙂 You can change the password by first entering the current password (don't press Enter!) and then clicking on the button "New password".

3) Yes, the license in SLICENSE is just one line. That's ok. Make sure the expiry date is in the future.

4) DDIC is another user. Please check the available users in the concise guide from the link. You can also create your own user in transaction SU01 but only DEVELOPER will have the developer rights (key). Ah, and Data Dictionary is also a meaning of DDIC. Maybe in old days DDIC was used to modify the data dictionary. For regular usage please use the developer user. SAP* is only needed for the license and in productive systems this user is not active.

If the answer is useful it would be great if you can click the arrow on the above answer up/ mark it answered.

Have a happy time developing!