Sustainability Blogs
Delve into SAP sustainability blogs. Gain insights into tech-driven sustainable practices and contribute to a greener future for businesses and the planet.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
0 Kudos

For a class I am taking this semester, I was asked the common question, what is your definition for sustainability? I figured I would share my answer and spark discussion around the topic. My goal is to recognize that there are many variations and interpretations of the concept. As we share our personal outlooks, we can see where we intersect and these connections can provide the basis for action-oriented solutions that have broad based support.

In my mind, sustainability is our ability to think outside of our own individual concerns and think about others. This ability is founded on thinking about how our actions have impacts on other people, other things, and the environment. Once we have this mindset we can truly be sustainable because we are no longer stuck in tunnel vision, but are instead examining next steps from a holistic perspective.

Please share your own definitions and how you plan to be part of making a difference in sustainability!

John