cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IBP Demand Sensing - Results matching Consensus Forecast

Hi,

I'm having some issues when running Demand Sensing. The output from Demand Sensing is always matching my consensus demand quantity. I think it's because I have getting the following error message

Not enough data to find weekly pattern in lag 0. Default weights used.
Not enough data to find weekly pattern in lag 1. Default weights used.
Not enough data to find weekly pattern in lag 2. Default weights used.
Not enough data to find weekly pattern in lag 3. Default weights used.
Not enough data to compute daily profiles in lag 0. Default weights used
Not enough data to compute daily profiles in lag 1. Default weights used
Not enough data to compute daily profiles in lag 2. Default weights used
Not enough data to compute daily profiles in lag 3. Default weights used

I have ensured my Main input for forecasting (Requested Qty) has 365 days historical data and my snapshot key figure (Consensus Demand Snapshot) has 52 weeks historical data for Lag 0,1,2 & 3.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I could be missing?

Thanks.

Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor

Hi,

I would suggest to load the snapshot key figure data once again and run demand sensing with full mode option. Please let us know if you still face the same issue.

Best Regards,

Lingaiah

0 Kudos

Hi Lingaiah,

Thanks for your reply. I have followed the suggested advice, but am still seeing the same messages.

Is there anything else I should be looking out for?

Regards

Ali

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pravin_tikar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad Ejaz,

Are you using Sensing Downstream signal? if yes then make WMAPE as 5% and run it.

Regards,

Pravin Tikar

former_member684852
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ptikar ,

I am not using Downstream sensing signal. I am only using Delivered qty, Requested Qty and Confirmed Qty as Input apart from Consensus Demand and Consensus Demand Snapshot key figures as input. WMAPE i kept below 5% only.

I am getting a warning after running the algorithm in the log which says'

An invalid week of quarter value was found

Does this warning has anything to do with the issue that sensing is not running the algorithm and copying the consensus demand.

Thanks

Aasif

pravin_tikar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Appa Rao,

As I told I was also getting same message but it solved.

Share details here. I will help you.

Regards,

Pravin Tikar

pravin_tikar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ali,

I also got the same issue but I have resolved it. what is Baseline WMAPE threshold (%) value you used? and second thing make sure your near past data for Downsteam signal KF should be good enough for system to identify the pattern if you are using Downstream signal.

Share screenshots if possible.

Regards,

Pravin tikar

former_member684852
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

I am also getting the same error .I have kept the WAMPE threshold value very less to 0.01. But still, the Demand Sensing algorithm doesnt work and Consensus Demand is copied to Sensed Demand Qty. Kindly let me know what additional setting is required in this to make it work.

Thanks

Aasif

apparbandi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Pravin, We are struggling with the same issue......data looks to be enough with almost 2 years . Still we are getting the same messages . Unfortunately not much literature or help from SAP.

Apreciate your help

Appa