cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IBP - How to Copy within a Key Figure to other time buckets in that Key Figure

andreafuschetto18
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello:

We have many situations in IBP where we need to copy from one time bucket in a key figure to another time bucket in that same key figure. We do this all the time in a simple macro in APO.

While we can create an Attribute of a Key Figure, SAP has advised us against having too many of them. Plus, we have data out to 5 years in the future.

I don't want to always have to create another dummy key figure just to copy the data into so I can copy it back to other time buckets in my original key figure. That is inefficient.

There must be a way that I can work within the same key figure and get data from one bucket to other buckets.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Andrea

View Entire Topic
former_member195150
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

with the DISAGG operator you can read from and write to the same key figure. Typical use cases are:

1. Re-disaggregate existing key figure values
    If key figure values have for example been wrongfully loaded/ copied only into one technical week of a calendar week, you read re-disaggregate the values to both technical weeks by running a DISAGG operator on weekly level, with the key figure set as source and target key figure and the parameter NO_PROPORTIONAL_DISAGG set.
  2. Shift key figure values
    Using the parameter PERIODSHIFT you can read the values of a key figure, shift it by n periods and write in to the same key figure.

In case you encounter issues with these use cases please raise an incident on component SCM-IBP-BF-DIS.

Kind Regards,
Thomas

andreafuschetto18
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I'm going to fool around with this suggestion and see if I can get it to work. Thanks.