cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Interface to send GR and Inbound info from S4 to external system

Hitheshrao
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi team There is a requirement where in need to generate an Interface with IDOC (WMMBXY) with Synchronous type that whenever Goods receipt is completed in EWM the same will update in S4 and the same information need to be sent to external system each time.

The info will include Po number, GR date, Value of product and Quantity received. An interface needs to be created from S4 to external system with IDOC to achieve this.

I am new EWM please let me the detailed steps to create an interface to meet the above requirement.

Thanks in Advance

Hithesh

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
IDocs are not synchronous by nature, and EWM should already report any GR to the S4 side automatically. If you need some form of interface to an external system, then probably best to check how to trigger from the S4 side once a receipt is reported from the EWM side.
View Entire Topic
EszterN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hithesh,

Functionalities via IDOC are available, but only with limited functions in EWM.
I think WMMBXY is not within the circle of IDoc types that can be used together with EWM.

Best regards,
Eszter

Hitheshrao
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Eszter
Hitheshrao
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Eszter I want to trigger Idoc from S4 to ECC , after performing GR in EWM material document will be updated in S4 with refernce to which i need to send specific fields such as PO number, Quantity, Value of qty etc to perform Invoice in receiver system
EszterN
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
I am familiar only with the EWM side, but if you would like to trigger it from S4, based on the answer of this thread it can be done via user exit: